Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > Epic Readathon Failure

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 825 comments So I wanted to join in the readathon to a small extent even though I knew I had conference sessions happening during the time. It did not work out and I read less than I would on an average day.

So my readathon will happen from the end of the international one to 24 hours time. (2pm Sunday to 2pm Monday my time, and I have Monday off). Because I really wanted to do this but it was a failure my side.

Anyone else have success?

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Don't worry there is always next time and you should consider any reading a success.

I did okay. I finished 3 books and got partway through a 4th book. I was hosting a mini challenge and two Goodreads hours so did zero reading for about three hours responding to people. Then took 2 hour break for dinner. I meant to stay up late but was too tired and fell asleep at 1 and woke up at 7.

So I read for about 12 hours although was on social media updating and chatting with people for about half that time. I read 813 pages.

message 3: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I finished an audiobook (literally 40 minutes before it was going to expire on my library loan), made about an hour of progress on another audiobook and I think I read about 200-300 pages. I didn't write down where I started. This was my first time, so it was fun.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments They just announced the next one will be April 29

message 5: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 825 comments I'll definitely try to the next one

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6423 comments Jen wrote: "Don't worry there is always next time and you should consider any reading a success.

I did okay. I finished 3 books and got partway through a 4th book. I was hosting a mini challenge and two Goodr..."

You finished three books? I find that pretty impressive!!

message 7: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 696 comments I made great progress in The Brothers Karamazov, completed the study of The Waste Land and finished Goodbye to Berlin. I feel it was very relaxing time, I did not try to read for 24 hours as I need my sleep.

message 8: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1302 comments This readathon was more of a success than the last one for me, but it was still a failure, lol. I participated for 16 hours and I only read 173 pages!!! *hangs head in shame*

I hope you have fun with your own personal readathon. I've thought about doing that, but I don't think I can make it work. I've also seen a 24 in 48 readathon where you can choose the 24 hours you want to read in 2 days. I think I may try that one. The next one isn't until January, though.

message 9: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8309 comments Wish I hadn't had plans for that day! I'm in the middle of a 900+ page book and it would have really helped me along!