Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

The Dark Artifices > What did y'all have to think about the first book in the Dark Artifices series

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brookelyn (new)

Brookelyn | 22 comments I personally LOVED the debut to this series. I already ship Jemma so hard but it's heartbraking because their love is forbidden. Also, can we even call this a love triangle? This is like a damn love hexagon! And, spoiler alert, rumor has it Ty will be falling in love here soon. My bets on Kit. Thoughts anyone?

message 2: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments Brookelyn wrote: "I personally LOVED the debut to this series. I already ship Jemma so hard but it's heartbraking because their love is forbidden. Also, can we even call this a love triangle? This is like a damn lov..."

If it's a love triangle between Mark, Julian and Emma then NO! Mark can go and live with Cristina in Mexico because he is not going to break up Jemma and if he does I will literally set fire to the book.
And btw Ty and Kit are so worth shipping. The love always starts when one of them are holding a knife to the others throat.

message 3: by Brookelyn (new)

Brookelyn | 22 comments Niamh wrote: "Brookelyn wrote: "I personally LOVED the debut to this series. I already ship Jemma so hard but it's heartbraking because their love is forbidden. Also, can we even call this a love triangle? This ..."

So true! I mean, Jace and Clary's love started when Clary saw Jace murder a "human boy." How adorable! Right now, Jemma's love seems hopeless, I have faith that Cassie will make things all better. Also, I'm torn between Mark and Kieran and Mark and Christina. And now with Diego in the picture, I'm totallu lost.

message 4: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments Brookelyn wrote: "Niamh wrote: "Brookelyn wrote: "I personally LOVED the debut to this series. I already ship Jemma so hard but it's heartbraking because their love is forbidden. Also, can we even call this a love t..."

Jemma's love has to happen even though it seems hopeless because I don't want to read the same chapters in Lady midnight when Julian and Emma are adorable. And when it comes to Mark, Kieran, Diego and Christina I just feel like they should make a love square...

message 5: by Brookelyn (new)

Brookelyn | 22 comments Amen to that:)

message 6: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments I really want to know what would happen if Julian and Emma continue their romance and I want to see how much their powers would grow....

message 7: by Niamh (last edited Oct 23, 2016 09:53AM) (new)

Niamh | 36 comments ****SPOLIER****(if you have not read A Long Conversation in Lady Midnight then don't read this)

You know in the Long Conversation where Jace asked Clary to marry him but then they get interrupted by Magnus, wasn't there a line where Clary dreads to give him the answer? Because if that is the case then why on earth is she dreading to give the answer if it was a yes... Is it then going to be a no? And if it a no then wtf Clace can not break up!!!

message 8: by Brookelyn (new)

Brookelyn | 22 comments Niamh wrote: "****SPOLIER****(if you have not read A Long Conversation in Lady Midnight then don't read this)

You know in the Long Conversation where Jace asked Clary to marry him but then they get interrupted..."

I read that too!! Wtf?? Why would Clary say no? I mean they have been in love for like ever!! AND they were in love when they thought they were siblings! By the Angel THEY ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER FOR ETERNITY!!!! Clace is like cemented in stone, there is no going back. That ship sailed a long time ago!!!

message 9: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments Exactly!!!!! There is no turning back for Clace, they are forever and that is that! I am so confused what devious plan does Cassandra have in mind because if the books end up with a non married Clace then I will write the book myself where Clace is as strong as they can be! And in the middle of the book where Emma is out for a walk in Idris an them she ses Clary and Jace that is one of the best Clace scenes so Cassandra cant end the book like that!

message 10: by BooksAreLife (new)

BooksAreLife I was really confused by that too, but then I was talking with one of my friends who has read them/loves them books as well and she said that this really good point. Perhaps why Clary is feeling dread about the idea of marrying Jace/ giving him the answer is that one of her first examples of a marriage was Jocelyn and Valentine and we'll that wasn't Excatly thr best marriage... that got me thinking but at the same time she also has the example of Jocelyn and Luke so who knows really?

message 11: by Brookelyn (new)

Brookelyn | 22 comments I guess I never thought of that. Or maybe she is scared that when they have children they will be super powerful angel babies and the Clave won't like it cause they are insecure losers who don't like to believe that there are shadowhunters who are stronger than them. Losers:P I really don't like the Clave.

message 12: by BooksAreLife (new)

BooksAreLife Who does? The clave just repeat the same mistakes over and over again! Like remember in city of heavenly fire, Magnus basically predicted how the cold peace would turn out, and we see that in Lady Midnight, it's not peace!

message 13: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments But the shadowhunters who are parabatai and are in love are stronger than the narmal shadowhunter... And the clave forbade it but thay can't really forbid Clary and Jace's love because they saved the world....

message 14: by Brookelyn (new)

Brookelyn | 22 comments True that. The clave is kind of indebted to Jace and Clary cause they saved tje world. Twice. And the Clave doesn't learn. In Infernal Devices, the clave never listened to the London Institute and they ended up getting slaughtered in their own meeting hall. The clave still didn't listen to The NY Institute when Valentine and Sebastion were trying to destroy the Clave. They are way to cocky!

message 15: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments That they are!

message 16: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments I loved it! I can't wait for book two!

A_Light_In_The_Dark_Wood | 3 comments Mark Blackthorn is literally the same as me in every way!

message 18: by Inda (new)

Inda (indaherwood) | 129 comments I feel so ashamed because I have loved every book Cassie has written, but...I never finished it! I got bored, and I feel horrible about it still :(

message 19: by Palak (new)

Palak | 2 comments I loved it so much. Julian is my all time favorite character and I need the next one!!

message 20: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments Julian is also my fav character and I hope we get to see him a lot in the next book! Do you think he will still paint Emma without her knowing?