Horror Aficionados discussion

Amazon prime and audible question

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 1099 comments Can you get the whispersynch upgrade price on a book you got from kindle unlimited from a prime membership? Anyone know?

message 2: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10678 comments Mod
you should be able to. you can add narration to a book when you buy without a membership so I guess you can with one. is that what your talking about?

message 3: by Justin (last edited Oct 22, 2016 09:23PM) (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 1099 comments Yes, thanks. I didnt know if you could with the free book you get from kindle unlimited because im not sure if you actually get to keep it or if you lose it at the end of the month. Im new to prime.

message 4: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10678 comments Mod
Justin wrote: "Yes, thanks. I didnt know if you could with the free book you get from kindle unlimited because im not sure if you actually get to keep it or if you lose it at the end of the month. Im new to prime."

maybe I'm not the best to answer you. i have neither, prime or unlimited. aghhh! why do they gotta be so difficult?!

message 5: by Justin (last edited Oct 22, 2016 09:58PM) (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 1099 comments Ok so i guess kindle unlimited is different from prime. I thought it was part of prime. I tried to get a free book and couldn't because i dont have unlimited. It says i get free books with prime though. I'm so confused. I only got prime for 1month to get fast free shipping and it runs out in a few days, i was going to make the most of it. Oh well.

message 6: by Char (new)

Char  | 13702 comments Mod
I wish I could help you with your question, but I don't have KU or Prime either. :(

message 7: by John (last edited Oct 23, 2016 07:40AM) (new)

John (jrd1st) Justin wrote: "Ok so i guess kindle unlimited is different from prime. I thought it was part of prime. I tried to get a free book and couldn't because i dont have unlimited. It says i get free books with prime th..."
With Prime you get Kindle First where you get to select a free book each month from a select few. With Kindle Unlimited there are many books you can borrow for free (up to 10 at a time) but you have to return one before you can borrow another.
They are both well worth it, in my opinion. Prime has many benefits if you buy from Amazon a lot.

message 8: by Laurie (last edited Oct 24, 2016 10:06AM) (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I don't know about KU but I have "bought" free books and then added the narration via Whispersync to them. Some were also free, a few others a couple of bucks. I have Prime.

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 1099 comments OK thanks everyone, i got a kindle first book and added narration for 1.99 i appreciate the help.

message 10: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis You can get a Kindle First book with Prime every month.
There is also a PRIME LENDING LIBRARY where you can "borrow" a free book each calendar month. Not every book is on there, but there is a pretty good selection I think. When you go to borrow a new book, it returns the other one.
I love prime. I don't think I could live without it now... :)