World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Announcements & Book Promotions > Jane Friedman: "I did the same things but why is that writer so successful and I'm not?"

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) I love Jane Friedman. The way she talks is so conversational and engaging and her material is so thought-provoking.

Dispels myths! The "starving artist" is one of them. "Writers are introverts" is another one.

"Think outside the book."

http://bit.ly/2dRSBR9

message 2: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13124 comments We should invite her here someday...

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Nik wrote: "We should invite her here someday..."

she's on GR and seems to respond to people's friend requests. she was once a publisher of Writer’s Digest. she has a book that i'm going to check out: Publishing 101.

message 4: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1020 comments Jane Friedman is how I found out about Damonza and self-publishing in general. Very helpful information :).

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Marie wrote: "Jane Friedman is how I found out about Damonza and self-publishing in general. Very helpful information :)."

did you try damonza? did you read Publishing 101?

message 6: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1020 comments Damonza does all my formatting and I ordered my first book cover through them (pre-designed), so I use them for the typography on all my book covers now :).

I did not read Publishing 101, only some of her blogs on self-publishing.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Marie wrote: "Damonza does all my formatting and I ordered my first book cover through them (pre-designed), so I use them for the typography on all my book covers now :).

I did not read Publishing 101, only som..."

ah cool. i'll add them to our author resources spreadsheet.

message 8: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan | 7097 comments There is so much to learn - I'm getting overwhelmed.