2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr, #10)
This topic is about Who Buries the Dead
Who Buries the Dead > Question M

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
Any other thoughts about the story? What were some standout moments?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments When Sebastian took over the colic duties at night, he endeared himself to me even more. Our first child had to have his tummy on his dad's shoulder from 2 - 4 a.m. for weeks. I'm sure Sebastian was using instincts that most men of his time suppressed!

That's a nice memory, Charlene.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments All of Sebastian's moments with baby Simon. So sweet, sigh!

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments The baby Simon moments were adorable.

And I loved that the black cat finally got a name! lol

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Veronica wrote: "And I loved that the black cat finally got a name! lol"

A very appropriate name :0)

message 7: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 40 comments I also identified with the baby Simon colicky moments. I wish my husband and I had been able to cope with it as well (though then again, we don't have the servants :)). I really liked the way that it was seen at times as Simon's power rather than something Sebastian and Hero were having to put up with.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Our second daughter had colic. I almost passed out when, at her first pediatric check-up (2 weeks old), the doctor told us that colic generally resolves on its own by THREE MONTHS! We were just in survival mode until then when, one morning, she woke and we realized she wasn't crying her head off.

I have no idea how to survive something like that.

message 10: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 40 comments I was sad to see the Jamie Knox character get killed. I wish there had been more development of his relationship with Sebastian.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I was too, Jasmine. I felt like there was still a lot of story to explore with him and I really just wanted to see his relationship with Sebastian evolve. If a character had to go, Kat seemed like the most expendable one. She really has been a diminishing factor in these books as they go on.

I was surprised to see Knox killed so early, too. There was a lot to learn there.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jasmine wrote: "I was sad to see the Jamie Knox character get killed. I wish there had been more development of his relationship with Sebastian."

Yes, I was very disappointed with that turn of events.