2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr, #10)
This topic is about Who Buries the Dead
Who Buries the Dead > Question L

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
Did you ever suspect Galen Knightly? In retrospect, what clues were presented that would have made him a more likely suspect?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I can honestly say that I never suspected him. I thought Sebastian was going to find out that Preston had slept with a slave and fathered a child himself.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
Never hit my radar until the end. I think the clues were there but pretty obscure.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I figured it out when the doctor was killed and Galen let it slip that he had lived in Jamaica. I was mistaken about the motive though. Like Sebastian, I thought he was covering up a mixed blood child and killed Preston in a fit of rage when he said he couldn't marry Anne.

Still not sure why he cut the heads off - an attempt to deflect attention or just because his rage overcame him and caused him to be so savage?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments In retrospect, there is one early clue. When Galen said he would gladly release all his slaves if the government didn't make it so expensive, and Sebastian wondered why he didn't ship them to America and release them there for free. It shows that Galen's mild manners are a facade and he is actually quite duplicitous.