2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr, #10)
This topic is about Who Buries the Dead
Who Buries the Dead > Question H

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Were you taken off guard when Knox was killed? Was he the real target or mistaken for Sebastian?

Phrynne | 601 comments I was quite shocked. No way would I have thought he would be killed off. I expected him to have a bigger part to play in the future!
I guess he was mistaken for Sebastian.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments It was a total shock to me. I was looking forward to seeing him and Sebastian perhaps growing closer and learning about their shared paternal parentage together. It would have been so nice for Sebastian to have at least the prospect of a good relationship with a sibling since all he currently has is the venomous Amanda. Plus, his connections could've been useful to Sebastian's investigations. If the series had to lose a character, I'd much rather it have been she-who-shall-not-named. Talk about a character who adds zero to the story...

I definitely think it was Diggory who shot him, thinking it was Sebastian.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Along with Hero, I thought it was Sebastian who was shot [not fatally, however].

I was really upset that we lost Jamie Knox. Sebastian mourned him at the burial, and I think we all "know" that they were related somehow. I wonder what Knox was doing coming to see Sebastian? Will we ever know?

Simon also has a cousin. I wonder if this will develop into part of the larger picture?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Yes, I'm curious to know if we'll see Knox's son again. Sebastian offered his help to Pippa but who knows if she'll ever take him up on it (outside of accepting the money he's already given her).

I never saw Knox dying coming! Couldn't believe it. Like you, Phrynne, I was looking forward to him having a more substantive role in future roles, a lot like you describe, Veronica.

Charlene, that cousin could become crucial if Sebastian's paternity becomes more public.

Veronica, I somehow think Sebastian will find a way to help that child even if Pippa doesn't comply.

Lastly, I wonder if the real target was actually Knox. He was coming to talk to Sebastian for a reason.

message 7: by Lauren (last edited Nov 06, 2016 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Completely shocked and saddened! I was still hoping he would live until Gibson said nothing else could be done :0(

It is a shame that Sebastian will never have the close relationship with a sibling that he craves (because I'm also sure Knox was his half-brother). I too wonder if Knox's son won't play a larger role in future books.

Flynn admits that he was the one who shot Knox thinking it was Sebastian. He only fired after Hero called out Devlin's name and thereby confirmed the target for Flynn (or so they both thought).

@Charlene - I understood that Knox was there to give Sebastian information that he got from Priss. He told Sebastian before he died.

message 8: by Sharon (last edited May 30, 2020 07:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 213 comments It seems that most of these books have a least one event that throws me for a loop. I don't know why Knox had to die, but many authors like to kill off favorite characters. I think he had a few more good books in him, even if the goal is to kill him off.

I wonder if Knox's death is a way to keep Sebastian searching for his biological father. It keeps him unsteady in a way.

You may be onto something, Sharon.