2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr, #10)
This topic is about Who Buries the Dead
Who Buries the Dead > Question E

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
At one point, Sebastian went from no suspects to at least five (as Hero so aptly pointed out). Which was the most persuasive for you initially: Oliphant, the vindictive ex-governor; Wyeth, the scorned Army captain; Thistlewood, the rival curiosity collector; Henry Austen, the banker; and Priss Mulligan, the nasty secondhand dealer?

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I didn't figure it would be Oliphant just because that would seem too obvious given his history with Sebastian. I was leaning towards Wyeth until the doctor and Toop also ended up dead. I thought it would've been interesting and dramatic if Anne learned the man she loved had killed her father.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I had no idea, I found this book more confusing to read than its predecessors. Maybe my state of mind, but there you have it.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
I vacillated between Priss Mulligan and Oliphant. Yes, I thought Oliphant was too obvious but these two people were just vicious. I placed Wyeth low on the list because I didn't want him to be guilty:)

However, I knew Barbados had to be a factor. That pretty much eliminated Priss but I just wanted her dealt with.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments None of them really stood out strongly in my mind.
It was only when the doctor was killed that I began to suspect a connection to Jamaica. It wasn't too long after that, that I realized the only one with a connection to both men was Knightly. It couldn't be Oliphant (despite the Jamaica connection) because neither victims would have turned their back to him or to his henchman, Flynn.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "I placed Wyeth low on the list because I didn't want him to be guilty:)."

I didn't want it to be him either because he seemed to be Austen's model for Captain Wentworth in Persuasion ( my favorite Austen book).