Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please add Two books to my Author Page

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (last edited Oct 23, 2016 05:55AM) (new)

Timothy | 11 comments Dear Librarian,

Would you be so kind as to help add two books to my Author Page?

First Book: Chronicles of KK
Note: I'm a contributing writer to this anthology. However, this book has gone under the profile of another Timothy Nakayama on Goodreads, who is not a Goodreads author. Would you be so kind as to correct this so that I am listed as one of the contributing writers, rather than that other Timothy Nakayama? (as far as I know, he has only written one book (Too Young To Fight).

Second Book: Fitting In: Historical Accounts of Paranormal Subcultures
Note: In the description, I am listed as one of the contributing writers for this anthology.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer on this.

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Done.

message 3: by Timothy (new)

Timothy | 11 comments Thank you, Codex, for your assistance. Looks all good! Cheers.

message 4: by Timothy (new)

Timothy | 11 comments Hi Codex,

I just noticed that the second book, "Fitting In: Historical Accounts of Paranormal Subcultures", has two editions. The one which you added me as a contributing writer was the E-book version. There is another Paperback edition - where I noticed that my name doesn't carry across. I guess it's not automatic for a writer's name to carry across to a different edition of the book?

Does it matter whether I am added to this second Paperback edition? If I'm not mistaken, only one edition will appear on my Goodreads Author Page, yes?

If my name appeared on both editions, which edition would appear on my Goodreads Author Page?

If someone searches for the book, which edition would show up on the search?

If you could help me out with these questions, that would be great!

message 5: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments You have been added to the paperback edition as a contributor. This has to be done manually and does not propagate automatically.

Book editions are combined (associate) based on the primary author; (I’m guessing) this is why your author profile reflected two editions even though you were listed as a contributor of only one (the eBook).

All books that have you listed as an author will appear on your author profile—but they will only be listed individually if they have not been combined. In the case of combined editions, the most popular (most added) edition will be listed as representative (of the combined editions). This is also the edition that will show up in searches.

[If my understanding (above) is incorrect, I’m sure another librarian will come along and correct me—thanks in advance.]

message 6: by Timothy (new)

Timothy | 11 comments Hey, thanks a lot Codex! That clears up things!