Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > please add page number

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) | 378 comments I've got the special little edition of Mea Culpa, ISBN 9789049804732, and it has 685 numbered pages.

Mea culpa

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Page count set to 685 pages (verified: ref.: http://zoeken.bibliotheek.be/detail/C...)
Book format changed to paperback; ISBN-10 populated.

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20794 comments Codex wrote: "Book format changed to paperback"

Dwarsligger is a special format, flipback in English.
Libraries often list them as just a paperback or hardcover.
I believe it is justified to use this format that is not in the drop-down list. Format and page count of a "Dwarsligger" is quite different from a normal paperback edition.

message 4: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Arenda wrote: "Dwarsligger is a special format, flipback in English.
Libraries often list them as just a paperback or hardcover.
I believe it is justified to use this format that is not in the drop-down list. . . ."

Thanks for that feedback. I’ve reverted the format to “dwarsligger” in order to retain that specific difference. [The word makes sense to me (now) as I can read Dutch; at first, though, it did not “click” as a valid book format because it is rarely seen—first time for me!]

I am curious, though: how is “dwarsligger” populated as a book format if it is not in the drop-down list . . . ?

message 5: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) | 378 comments it is a Dutch thing only, and there are a lot of books published this way! It is really perfect for travelling for example!

I think when you put 'other'?

But thanks for the page number!

message 6: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20794 comments There are more than 400 titles published in Dwarsligger format in Dutch already, and I have been working on adding them to Goodreads.

For formats not in the dropdown list, you can click "other" and type any format you like.

There is a thread in Feedback, requesting Flipback being added to the dropdown format list: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Thanks again, Arenda. Good to know.