World, Writing, Wealth discussion

8 views
All Things Writing & Publishing > Ideas for a Facebook launch party?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments I'm having a launch party on Facebook next weekend to unveil my new author website. Any ideas for activities or prizes? Thanks!


message 2: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1022 comments Sounds fun! And congrats on your new site!

Amazon and Starbucks gift cards are always popular :)


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Marie
Thank you - I hadn't thought of Starbucks. Great idea. I'm also going to give away two forever free prizes. The winners will get a free copy of anything I ever publish.


message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Make sure you have plenty of people attending. I had to cancel my last event on Facebook due to lack of people.


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Justin wrote: "Make sure you have plenty of people attending. I had to cancel my last event on Facebook due to lack of people."

Did you host the event from your fb page? Is there a better way to do this? I plan on inviting my fb friends. My sisters and husband are also going to invite their friends.


message 6: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 14890 comments Beers are always good. See, maybe, if you can put them into the mix somehow-:)


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Nik wrote: "Beers are always good. See, maybe, if you can put them into the mix somehow-:)"

Ha! I'm going to a wedding this evening in the city so beer is the last thing I'm thinking about as I will soon be surrounded by wine soaked partygoers lol. Beer actually might be appreciated but probably not for someone launching a parenting book author site LOL. Actually, they might need it the most!


message 8: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 405 comments never fully understood launch parties online, so can't offer any words of wisdom but here's wishing you a fabulous launch


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Segilola wrote: "never fully understood launch parties online, so can't offer any words of wisdom but here's wishing you a fabulous launch"

Thanks. It's more about engagement and hanging out a bit with people who encouraged when I would rant about wordpress lol. Also I'm excited about adding people to my mailing list :)


message 10: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1022 comments Maybe ask them to post the funniest thing their kid has said or done, and whichever post gets the most likes wins a prize :).


Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Marie wrote: "Maybe ask them to post the funniest thing their kid has said or done, and whichever post gets the most likes wins a prize :)."

Yeahhh...!


back to top