Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Raul's Read-a-Thon

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raul (new)

Raul Cardoso | 5 comments 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Portugal.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Salem's Lot by Stephen King

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
CAKEEEE!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I would, but I am a little behind and I want to catch up on the reading and on the challenges.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
As it is my first Read-a-Thon and I haven't read in a long time, i'm looking forward to Read-a-Thon *badumtss*

message 2: by Raul (new)

Raul Cardoso | 5 comments Challenge hour 5

1. A Vow of Glory
2. The Gown of Glory
3/4. Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake
5. The Girl with all the Gifts
6. Lord of the Rings
7. The Painted Veil
8. Father of the Bride
9. The Girl next Door
10. Winston Groom
11. The Bell Jar
12. The language of Flowers
13. Busman's Honeymoon

message 3: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Portugal! I was in Lisbon few years back, and the taxi driver took us to a "wild beach". Biggest waves I've ever seen!

Good luck with the Readathon. Hope you have a fun day!

message 4: by Raul (new)

Raul Cardoso | 5 comments Challenge hour 7

This is a rather fresh memory of a read-along i'm still actually doing with my girlfriend, and the memory itself is of lying on the couch alongside my girlfriend having a reading session :)

message 5: by Raul (new)

Raul Cardoso | 5 comments Challenge hour 8

A world that I definitly would have to explore is Hogwarts. I have grown up dreaming of such place and of all the adventures the magic would bring me so Hogwarts is a MUST
I don't know for how long I'd stay but i most probably would come back to real life

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 49 comments Go Reader Go!!!! Hope you are enjoying all of your books.

Keep reading and have fun :)

message 7: by Raul (new)

Raul Cardoso | 5 comments Hour 12

Mid-Survey Event

1. What are you reading right now?
Still reading Salem's Lot.

2. How many books have you read so far?
Complete? None...

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Unfortunatly... None, I will have to go to sleep soon cause of work and won't have time to read any books other than Salem's Lot

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I've had a couple interruptions... One was really something that had to be done, and a couple small others that aren't really substancial. I deal with them just by doing what needs to be done and going back to reading.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I thought I would make a little more progress than what has been made... Other than that I came into this as a first-timer without any expectations so I'm just enjoying it!

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Hope you had a great read-a-thon! ~Ashley

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.