YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenge Archive > The Series Read-along Challenge 2016 - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
This is where you can talk with fellow participants about the challenge.

message 2: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Oct 27, 2016 03:08PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22673 comments Mod
Abbie wrote: "This is where you can talk with fellow participants about the challenge."

I have soooooooooooo many books I want to read but I'm feeling burned out so I'm not sure how many I'll get to. :)

The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3) by Marie Lu Xingkong Club by Xuemao Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey Vivid Cherry by Umi Ayase Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Tail of the Moon, Volume 1  by Rinko Ueda Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Origin (Corpus, #1) by Jessica Khoury Tail of the Moon, Volume 2 by Rinko Ueda Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1) by Keri Arthur Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Break Me Like a Promise (Once Upon a Crime Family, #2) by Tiffany Schmidt Fushigi Yûgi The Mysterious Play, Vol. 1 Priestess by Yuu Watase Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 1 by Hitoshi Ashinano

If I don't get to them this month:
The Laughing Corpse
The Last Echo
The Black Key
Dead Silence
Spy Glass
Faking Normal
I Am Number Four
Partials
Ascend

Need to choose a specific book from these options:
Love Stage!! 4 / Ultra Violet / Legacy of Kings
To Wed a Wicked Earl / Backstage Pass / Try Me
The Darkest Minds / Passenger / Proxy
Touched / Redwall / Tandem / Princess of Thorns / Under Wraps / The Songbird's Overture / Stolen Songbird / The One Dollar Horse / The Summer Prince / The Sword / Warrior Princess / Uninvited / Firelight / Knight of Trillion Stars
Valkyrie Rising / Vampire Academy / Vampire Kisses / Virals / The Vampire Queen's Servant

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I have tons of books I could read, but I'm sure I'll only get to a few.

message 4: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Cozy mysteries and fluff chick lit will be my life the next two months which i need bad, so much stress going on!

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I'm with you there Courtney.:)

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14095 comments I've had like no time to read. It took me three weeks to get through ACOMAF for the third time because of school and my life exploding in my face.

message 7: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments I feel like the one person who didnt love that book

message 8: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ (janayanation) ACOMAF? It had 1000000 issues, but I liked the characters and plot.

message 9: by Danielle (last edited Nov 17, 2016 03:23PM) (new)

Danielle (dannieannie94) | 289 comments This challenge is perfect for the end of the year! I want to start out fresh for next year! :) And finally be able to say I've FINALLY finished these series. Message me if you want to buddy read any of these, or if you've finished any of these, or still need to finish them & want to talk about it! :)

Series I may possibly read :)

Savage Drift (Monument 14, #3) by Emmy Laybourne {2/3}
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead {5/6}
Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) by Rachel Hawkins {2/3}
Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3) by Lauren DeStefano {2/3}
The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3) by Kelly Keaton Heart of Stone (Gods & Monsters, #4) by Kelly Keaton {Reread Entire}
Did I Mention I Need You? (The DIMILY Trilogy, #2) by Estelle Maskame {1/3}
Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu {1/3}
The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkoski The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3) by Marie Rutkoski {1/3}
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2) by Danielle Paige Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3) by Danielle Paige {1/3}
How to Ruin My Teenage Life (How to Ruin, #2) by Simone Elkeles How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin, #3) by Simone Elkeles {1/3}
Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3) by Simone Elkeles {1/3}
Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth {1/4}
Fade (Wake, #2) by Lisa McMann Gone (Wake, #3) by Lisa McMann {1/3}
Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) by Melissa Marr Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) by Melissa Marr Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr {2/5}
ttfn (Internet Girls, #2) by Lauren Myracle l8r, g8r (Internet Girls, #3) by Lauren Myracle yolo (Internet Girls, #4) by Lauren Myracle {1/4}
Infamous (It Girl, #7) by Cecily von Ziegesar Adored (It Girl, #8) by Cecily von Ziegesar Devious (It Girl, #9) by Cecily von Ziegesar Classic (It Girl, #10) by Cecily von Ziegesar {6/10}
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer {Reread Entire}
Deadly Attraction (Nightmare Hall, #3) by Diane Hoh The Wish (Nightmare Hall, #4) by Diane Hoh The Scream Team (Nightmare Hall, #5) by Diane Hoh Guilty (Nightmare Hall, #6) by Diane Hoh Pretty Please (Nightmare Hall, #7) by Diane Hoh The Experiment (Nightmare Hall, #8) by Diane Hoh The Night Walker (Nightmare Hall, #9) by Diane Hoh Sorority Sister (Nightmare Hall, #10) by Diane Hoh Last Date (Nightmare Hall, #11) by Diane Hoh {2/29}
The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2) by R.L. Stine The Overnight (Fear Street, #3) by R.L. Stine Missing (Fear Street, #4) by R.L. Stine The Secret Bedroom (Fear Street, #13) by R.L. Stine The Knife (Fear Street, #14) by R.L. Stine One Evil Summer (Fear Street, #25) by R.L. Stine {N/A}

-------------------------------------------------
Books Finished
Wake (Wake, #1) by Lisa McMann The Merciless by Danielle Vega
The New Girl (Fear Street, #1) by R.L. Stine The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5) by R.L. Stine The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6) by R.L. Stine Haunted (Fear Street, #7) by R.L. Stine Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8) by R.L. Stine The Stepsister by R.L. Stine Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10) by R.L. Stine The Fire Game (Fear Street, #11) by R.L. Stine Lights Out (Fear Street, #12) by R.L. Stine

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11915 comments I'm excited about this challenge as I have a couple review books that I've put off reading, but this challenge will push me to reading them. Can't wait to be able to relax and just read whatever series I want. :D

message 11: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Danielle wrote: "This challenge is perfect for the end of the year! I want to start out fresh for next year! :) And finally be able to say I've FINALLY finished these series. Message me if you want to buddy read an..."

There is one for Wicked Lovely, its from book 2 thou, but i can read it quick and then we can do book 3 from there as well. Its for the 13th: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 12: by Connie (new)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3722 comments I could use this challenge, I think my TBR pile has been putting me off reading because it's all sequels, so hopefully I can motivate myself to love reading again!

message 13: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14095 comments Anyone have a recommendation for an audiobook with a good narrator?

message 14: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Andrea, the narrator of The Dark Unwinding duology was fantastic! Also Every Heart a Doorway's narrator.

message 15: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14095 comments The dark unwinding sounds really cool! I'm going to download it for my drive home! Thank you!

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments The books I might read this month ! If anyone want to buddy read with me don't hesitate :)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Elvage (Undraland #4) by Mary E. Twomey Strife (Sweep, #9) by Cate Tiernan The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2) by Maureen Johnson

message 17: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments You're welcome, Andrea! Hope you like it. I loved that series so much.

message 18: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments I can't believe that this challenge is almost here. I am hoping to get a lot of my TBR series read! :)

message 19: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3626 comments Just found out there was a chat thread! Hi guys!

message 20: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3626 comments I've got tons of series that I need to finish, so hopefully this is a good two months for me! Last couple months I swamped myself with BRs, so hopefully the freedom in choice I left myself with these next two months helps me read more!

message 21: by Melany (last edited Oct 30, 2016 06:25PM) (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I'm thinking about reading these book in November/December, if anyone wants to buddy read?

The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima Seeing Redd (The Looking Glass Wars, #2) by Frank Beddor Lirael (Abhorsen, #2) by Garth Nix Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1) by Nora Sakavic Land of Loss (Everworld, #2) by Katherine Applegate The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2) by Rick Riordan

message 22: by Anna (last edited Oct 30, 2016 07:55PM) (new)

Anna (librairieimaginaire) | 374 comments I'm trying to get to
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman Red Queen (The Chronicles of Alice, #2) by Christina Henry In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams Machine of Death A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die (Machine of Death #1) by Ryan North
and maybe a Camillla Lackberg, A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1) by Frank Beddor if I have enough time

Jennifer (livresaddicted) wrote: "The books I might read this month ! If anyone want to buddy read with me don't hesitate :)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Elvage (Undraland #4) by Mary E. Twomey [bookcover:Strife|775..."

I read the first little blue envelope book years ago and totally forgot to finish the series, lol, i'd totally be up for buddy reading that one!

message 23: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Rachel wrote: "Andrea, the narrator of The Dark Unwinding duology was fantastic! Also Every Heart a Doorway's narrator."

Andrea wrote: "Anyone have a recommendation for an audiobook with a good narrator?"

Has anybody heard The raven cycle series? I tried the dream thieves audio book but I didn't like the narrator :(

message 24: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Melany wrote: "I'm thinking about reading these book in November/December, if anyone wants to buddy read?

The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams ChimaThe Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams ChimaSeeing Redd (The Looking Glass Wars, #2) by Frank Beddor[boo..."

I'll read Hammer of Thor end November/early December if that works for you :)

message 25: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Pragya wrote: "Melany wrote: "I'm thinking about reading these book in November/December, if anyone wants to buddy read?

The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams ChimaThe Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima[bookcover:Seeing R..."

Cool when is the earliest that you could read it?

message 26: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I'm trying to avoid buddies as well, Meaghan! I think I need the freedom of choice this year.

message 27: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ (janayanation) 20th November and onwards is fine.

message 28: by Victoria (last edited Oct 30, 2016 09:05PM) (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Meaghan wrote: "I've got tons of series that I need to finish, so hopefully this is a good two months for me! Last couple months I swamped myself with BRs, so hopefully the freedom in choice I left myself with the..."

I always feel horrible agreeing to BR because I'm such a mood reader and once I force myself to read a book I feel like I don't actually enjoy the book as I could. So I totally agree.

message 29: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Pragya wrote: "20th November and onwards is fine."

So how about the 21st?

message 30: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Sure! Could you ask for the thread? :)

message 31: by Melany (new)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Ok I asked, heres the thread it just need to be updated!

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 32: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Victoria: Oh my God, same! It's such a struggle.

message 33: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm the complete opposite. I got buddies scheduled for pretty much every book I plan on reading in the next two months. Since I want to make sure I finish all the series I've started this year, the buddy reads help give me a structure to stick to which will make it much easier for me to actually get through them

message 34: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Katrina wrote: "I'm the complete opposite. I got buddies scheduled for pretty much every book I plan on reading in the next two months. Since I want to make sure I finish all the series I've started this year, the..."

I'm the same way, if no one is expecting me to read it, i won't read it. Plus i like buddies, and i like to write them down and keep track and the points ;)

message 35: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7160 comments Yeah, I keep a schedule and a list of all my BRs.

message 36: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I try not to do too many buddy reads either, but I'll join a couple of already planned ones so I can still read based on my mood and get those extra points :)

message 37: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments ^I tend to just join already planned buddies if I'm in the mood for that book too. It's easier that way because if I organise a buddy than no longer feel like reading it, I just get annoyed at myself and tend to dislike the book itself.

message 38: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Yeah, exactly! I get so frustrated when people just don't turn up to buddy reads, and I would hate to be that person because I wasn't in the right mood for that particular book

message 39: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Pragya wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Andrea, the narrator of The Dark Unwinding duology was fantastic! Also Every Heart a Doorway's narrator."

Andrea wrote: "Anyone have a recommendation for an audiobook with a good na..."

Will Patton?

message 40: by Andy (last edited Oct 31, 2016 07:49AM) (new)

Andy | 14095 comments Pragya wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Andrea, the narrator of The Dark Unwinding duology was fantastic! Also Every Heart a Doorway's narrator."

Andrea wrote: "Anyone have a recommendation for an audiobook with a good na..."

I listened to the whole series via audiobook. I absolutely adored Will Patton. His voice made the series more creepy for me and I loved it.

message 41: by Marylène (last edited Oct 31, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Marylène Girard | 34 comments Here's the books that i want to read for this challenge, if anybody want to do a buddy read.

Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine Harris Abandon (Abandon, #1) by Meg Cabot An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Cathy's Book (Cathy Vickers Trilogy, #1) by Jordan Weisman Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman

message 42: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Andrea wrote: "Pragya wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Andrea, the narrator of The Dark Unwinding duology was fantastic! Also Every Heart a Doorway's narrator."

Andrea wrote: "Anyone have a recommendation for an audiobook..."

Same here Andrea! i think he did a great job

message 43: by prag ♻ (new)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Brooke wrote: "Will Patton?"
Yep.

Andrea wrote: "I listened to the whole series via audiobook. I absolutely adored Will Patton. His voice made the series more creepy for me and I loved it"
Huh. I'm probably not used to audiobooks then, I like reading on my own much better.

message 44: by enqi (new)

enqi ♡ (feyrhys) | 215 comments Hey friends! Would anyone be interested in reading these with me?

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta
Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista Ritchie
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab

message 45: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7160 comments @Marlene There a BR for Where She Went on November 7.

message 46: by Xiamera (new)

Xiamera | 715 comments The best thing about this challenge is that I might actually get around to finishing or making some headway in series I've had languishing in my TBR forever. I'm gonna look to join already planned buddy reads since the ones I plan usually go awry. And it has the added benefit of not disappointing anyone because I didn't feel like reading that book at the time.

message 47: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 01, 2016 08:45AM) (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments Enqi ✧ wrote: "Hey friends! Would anyone be interested in reading these with me?

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny HanThe Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han probably tomorrow or the day after.

message 48: by enqi (new)

enqi ♡ (feyrhys) | 215 comments Jennifer (livresaddicted) wrote: "Enqi ✧ wrote: "Hey friends! Would anyone be interested in reading these with me?

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny HanThe Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han
[bookcover:Fi..."

sure! can you request the thread or start it? :)

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments Enqi ✧ wrote: "Jennifer (livresaddicted) wrote: "Enqi ✧ wrote: "Hey friends! Would anyone be interested in reading these with me?

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han[bookcover:The Summer I Tu..."

I will!

message 50: by Iris (new)

Iris (purplexlady) | 667 comments Y'all know what you are gonna read, I envy you lol

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.