Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Goodreads request took too long

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 2818 comments I'm having problems editing books today, I get the "Goodreads request took too long" message.
I have merged 2 author profiles and that was ok, it seems that only book editing is affected.
Other areas of the site (groups, comments, etc) seem to work fine.

message 2: by Moloch (last edited Oct 22, 2016 02:20AM) (new)

Moloch | 2818 comments More specifically, it seems that uploading covers is the problem: editing a book that already had a cover went well, but if I try to upload a cover I get the message above

edit: I'm afraid combining has some problems too: it's taking much too long to combine 2 books with few shelvings (7 and 5)

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20219 comments Same here, uploading cover results in "Goodreads request took too long".

Combining seems to be also problematic. A simple combine is still processing.

message 4: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5027 comments And also same here, two previous combines took approx. 15 minutes to go through, but they completed. The third one failed, returning "Status of job lost." after approx. 30 minutes.

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3046 comments I also see the combining issue: 2-3 requests failed with "Status of job lost." and one currently is still processing for like 10-15 minutes.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments Plus I haven't received any notifications in the past 3 hours. Maybe they are related issues?

message 7: by Shaun, Program Manager (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 8 comments Mod
I'm sorry about this everybody! We're aware of the issue and have alerted our engineers. For now it's best to please refrain from reattempting the book edits where the error is being received. We hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.

message 8: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 2818 comments combining seems much better now, still problems with the covers

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 81 comments Thanks, Shaun!

message 10: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi Not editing here, but adding books also doesn't work. :( I also asked on twitter and someone else also has troubles with adding books.

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris brown (a1abwriter) | 14 comments ok, having the same problem, with everything. I have not been active in a while, I thought my librarian status had been revoked.

message 12: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments I did a bit of experimenting and I've found that I only have problems when trying to add images to records. If I re-edit the same record without the image upload then it works. I'm currently keeping a list of images I have to add when the issue is solved.

message 13: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Just created a new book and added the cover successfully. Seems to be working again. . . .

message 14: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Codex wrote: "Just created a new book and added the cover successfully. Seems to be working again. . . ."

Yes, it works for me as well. Thanks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.