Yoga Folks discussion

Hellos and Site Questions > Hello from Oshkosh, WI

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Saginak (ksaginak) Hi Everyone!
Thank you for the invite! The only thing I love more than reading is yoga! I started practicing about 5 years ago when my doctor recommended it for physical pain. I had never done yoga and was scared to join a studio. Enter Ally Hamilton! I joined her online studio Yogis Anonymous and am still a member today. I learned yoga from Ally's beginner's series. I've been a loyal fan since, which includes her blog...and now her books! I also now belong to a studio here and practice regularly. Another coincidence is that I'm currently facilitating a book club at the yoga studio! We're reading Geneen Roth's "Women, Food, and God." Wow, how the Universe does provide! Thanks again for having me! ~Kelli

message 2: by Meryl (new)

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 805 comments Mod
Hi Kelli:

So glad you joined us. We have a thread on Ally's book. I would love for you to write on that thread about your experience with her online community. I'm not too familiar with that and I'm sure many others aren't. Sounds really interesting.

Thanks!
Meryl

message 3: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Saginak (ksaginak) Thanks, Meryl! I wasn't sure how to blend my introduction with the topics on Ally's book, so I went with the Hello thread instead. :)

message 4: by Meryl (new)

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 805 comments Mod
I think that was great. I just want to learn more about her online community too

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicatopper) | 74 comments Mod
Welcome, Kelli! How wonderful that you've found a yoga community, both virtual and physical!

message 6: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Saginak (ksaginak) Jessica wrote: "Welcome, Kelli! How wonderful that you've found a yoga community, both virtual and physical!"

Thanks, Jessica! Today was one of those days...I didn't really feel all that great, so did a really nice Yin class on Ally's studio site. Felt much better after! :)