Horror Aficionados discussion

Author/Publisher/Etc. Promotion > Are you fan of Tales from the Crypt and Twilight Zone?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (last edited Oct 21, 2016 08:15AM) (new)

Anthony Puyo | 64 comments The toughest thing about being an indie is developing from the seed stage. The fact no one knows you garners much cynicism and even disrespect at times. It is also hard to blame the consumer, for their sometimes cold approach, because the birth of on demand publishing has opened the avenue to not only great untapped talent, but also a slew of very untalented writers. It's as if everyone at the Friday night pub who's singing karaoke, drink in their hand of course, wants you to buy their album. So I get it. What I can say is, this whole era of the new, anyone can be published is a terrific thing, but you have to take the good with the bad. This journey of mine, which is still in its infancy, has also given me a whole different perspective on things, and an even greater respect for the literary world. One thing I have done, since taking on self publishing, is given other indies their chance. I make it an effort to sample indie work every time I'm in need of a new book. But I'm also still a consumer that wants a good, quality story. So if the book can't sell me on its sample, I will definitely pass. I don't want charity, therefore, I don't give any to other writers. Here's the thing, as a writer, that is all I can ask for, for you to give my work a chance to sell itself. Anyone who has gotten this far on my post, that wasn't offended, I hope you will give my short story Misery Theater a gander. It is written like episodes of Tales from the Crypt. I do know some of the people that have read it, are prominent Goodreads reviewers that enjoyed them and are awaiting the second issue. Here's the link, I hope it satisfies you, and good reading! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JBMB8GM

message 2: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Puyo | 64 comments John wrote: "Cool! Just got it!"

That's so cool, John! I really appreciate it, and I hope you enjoy it! Message me whenever you want and let me know what you think. Awsome! So awesome!

message 3: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Puyo | 64 comments John wrote: "Cool! Just got it!"

Thanks for the review, John!