Sincerely, Me discussion

Journals > Random Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 20, 2016 04:25PM) (new)

I'll post my thoughts on random things here. Keep watch for a Harry Potter-related post soon!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

And feel free to reply.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The Most Underappreciated Harry Potter Character
Which character in Harry Potter is the most underrated? Well, in my opinion, it's not Luna Lovegood or Neville Longbottom or Remus Lupin or Dobby--although those four are amazing characters!
No, for me, it's Hagrid all the way.
He was the one to rescue Harry from the Dursleys in the first book, he was always there for the Trio when no other adult was, and he fought prejudice based on his heritage, looks, and pattern of speech throughout the series. Plus, he truly cares for all his creatures, no matter how weird.
I think the fandom treats him as a "shouldn't of told you that", "tries to raise a dragon" comic-relief character. And, yes, the way he's written is hilarious, but he's more than that. He's a big, hairy, goofy, underrated, amazing addition to the series.

I'm having a lot of book-related feels today, so sorry if that was a little jumbled!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm trying to write a fanfiction.

message 5: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) That sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear your story! :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. :) I might post a few chapters here soon.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Raevyn wrote: "The Most Underappreciated Harry Potter Character
Which character in Harry Potter is the most underrated? Well, in my opinion, it's not Luna Lovegood or Neville Longbottom or Remus Lupin or Dobby--a..."

I agree! Hagrid is probably my favourite character in the series and I'm glad that, as far as I know, he doesn't die... I really enjoy reading his parts in the books. It's a nice break from that whole Voldemort thing that really annoys me tbh D:

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, exactly.:D

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My fanfiction is on hiatus while I write a dystopian novel. :)

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Raevyn wrote: "My fanfiction is on hiatus while I write a dystopian novel. :)"

What are you writing fanfiction about? :o (Does that question make any sense?)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "Do the Harry Potter books get more interesting after the fourth one? I don't really feel the need to continue... ;-;"

They get darker, but in general, if you don't find the series interesting by The Goblet of Fire, you probably won't find 5 through 7 interesting either. There's a lot of scenes where the characters are waiting around, traveling, and/or trying to figure things out--especially in the last one.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "Raevyn wrote: "My fanfiction is on hiatus while I write a dystopian novel. :)"

What are you writing fanfiction about? :o (Does that question make any sense?)"

It's a crossover of three cartoons--Over The Garden Wall, Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls--in which the protagonists meet bad ends that could have/almost happened in canon (two are possessed, for example). They meet each other, become allies, and...I'm not sure yet? lol.

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Raevyn wrote: "Anna wrote: "Raevyn wrote: "My fanfiction is on hiatus while I write a dystopian novel. :)"

It's a crossover of thr..."

That sounds cool! I tried writing fanfiction once but then posting a chapter once a week got too stressful. How do you get motivated to write?

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Raevyn wrote: "Anna wrote: "Do the Harry Potter books get more interesting after the fourth one? I don't really feel the need to continue... ;-;"

They get darker, but in general, if you don't find the series int..."

I just deleted my comment because I thought you wouldn't reply and then got embarrassed, I'm sorry xD
I enjoyed parts one to three more than the fourth one because it was really confusing to me and I think the books would be better without Voldemort, but I still liked The Goblet of Fire :o

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess it's up to you whether or not to finish the series, then :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "Raevyn wrote: "Anna wrote: "Raevyn wrote: "My fanfiction is on hiatus while I write a dystopian novel. :)"

It's a c..."

I don't. XD Well, not every day. I just write when the mood strikes me or when I have new ideas. Maybe it's not the best strategy...

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Raevyn wrote: "Anna wrote: "Raevyn wrote: "Anna wrote: "Raevyn wrote: "My fanfiction is on hiatus while I write a dystopian novel. :)"

What are you writing fanfiction about? :o (Does that question make any sense..."

That's better than what I did. I forced myself to write every day to finish the chapter quickly but I never did it for my own enjoyment, only for other people. Hobbies you need to be good at always make me feel depressed because there's nothing I'm like, REALLY good at.

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) (For some reason I feel more comfortable commenting on your journal than making my own one, please tell me if you want me to stop spamming)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

No, that's okay! I like comments.

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Raevyn wrote: "No, that's okay! I like comments."

Okay, that's good ^-^ Um, there's something I'd like to ask because of your fanfiction... Do you ship any LGBT+ couples?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I sort of ship Lapidot and Pearlmethyst in Steven Universe, but overall, I don't majorly ship any couples from any fandom--straight or LGBT+. :)

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Raevyn wrote: "Well, I sort of ship Lapidot and Pearlmethyst in Steven Universe, but overall, I don't majorly ship any couples from any fandom--straight or LGBT+. :)"

... I'll just pretend to know who these characters are xD But it's nice to see you're not against gay couples :o

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 19, 2016 05:36AM) (new)

:)
For everyone reading this, as a future reference, Lapidot is the ship name for Lapis and Peridot. (Gem Harvest, the newest episode, was full of implied Lapidot and it was awesome). Pearlmethyst is PearlxAmethyst.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, the Adventure Time season seven finale is coming out this evening and I can't wait!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Update: *incoherent Preboot and Reboot-related screaming*

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

In slightly less nerdy news, I wrote some poetry. :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

^^^Join that group if you enjoy RP!