Sincerely, Me discussion

General > Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 162 (162 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 111 comments Mod
Just chat about whatever you feel like here!

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Hello everyone! :D

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin | 302 comments Hey-Low!!!

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Hey ^-^

message 5: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

Erin wrote: "Hey-Low!!!"

Hello! How are you guys doing? :P

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

Hello! How are you guys doing? :P"

I'm fine, but really confused... How about you?

So I got back my English exam yesterday and I'm missing half a point to get an A- (I'm not sure if that's what you call it there) and he marked the words "newspaper" and "artist" as mistakes because "you can't say that nowadays" but when someone else said "the drawer" he corrected it to "artist"?? I'm not an English expert but these words aren't wrong, right? He also changed "constantly using smartphones and other devices" to "using smartphones constantly and other devices" and I don't know if I'm the stupid one or if he is...

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) I know that technically a B+ is really good but he told me he was disappointed because of my mistakes..?

message 8: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

So I got back my English exam yesterday and I'..."

Um, I'm positive that you and your teacher is correct. It really doesn't matter either way because they both make sense, just worded differently :)

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

So I got back my English exam yes..."

Thanks for your help! But doesn't that mean that he can't mark these as mistakes?

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

So I got back my..."

I mean, they shouldn't be mistakes because they are technically correct, but he is the teacher so you can't really do anything about it, unfortunately :/

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

So ..."

Okay, so now there's one thing I really don't understand. He says you don't follow people, you follow ON people!?

message 12: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

I'm fine, but really confused... Ho..."

Ok, no offense, but something is seriously wrong with your teacher. I'm positive the first one is correct. Because following "on people" just doesn't make any sense to me :)

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hey ^-^"

I'm fine, but really c..."

Thanks, but I'll just have to stop thinking about that because I can't change anything :D

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Can someone please tell me how to verify my email address? I did that before and now it says I have to do it again to post threads but the email just doesn't appear in my inbox D:

message 15: by ♥ Emily ♥ (new)

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 111 comments Mod
Check your spam folders and stuff it might be there

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Thanks, it worked after about a thousand attempts :D

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Hey guys. Due to life, I've decided to clear out a bunch of groups that I'm not active in. Unfortunately, this group falls into that category. I might try joining this group again another time, but for the moment I will be leaving.

message 18: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Emily ~Havensong~ ~Throw me to the Wolves and I'll Return Leading the Pack~ wrote: "Hey guys. Due to life, I've decided to clear out a bunch of groups that I'm not active in. Unfortunately, this group falls into that category. I might try joining this group again another time, but..."

Awe, that sucks! But definitely join again next time! :P

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Hello everyone! How are you all doing on this lovely day/night! :P

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Hello everyone! How are you all doing on this lovely day/night! :P"

I'm fine, how about you? ^^

(It would be awesome if some of you voted on my poll D: )

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Hello everyone! How are you all doing on this lovely day/night! :P"

I'm fine, how about you? ^^

(It would be awesome if some of you voted on my poll D: )"

I'm great, though some family business is stressing me out and it's hell, unfortunately :/

message 22: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Voted on your poll, Anna! ;)

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Voted on your poll, Anna! ;)"

Thank you! I hope to get the iPhone SE but my parents think I'm too young to have a €500 phone. -.-

message 24: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Voted on your poll, Anna! ;)"

Thank you! I hope to get the iPhone SE but my parents think I'm too young to have a €500 phone. -.-"

Lol, all parents are like that :/

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Voted on your poll, Anna! ;)"

Thank you! I hope to get the iPhone SE but my parents think I'm too young to have a €500 phone. -.-"

Lol, all parents are like that :/"

Most of my friends' parents don't care though.. What kind of phone do you have?

message 26: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Anna wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Voted on your poll, Anna! ;)"

Lol, all parents ..."

An iPhone 6 :D

message 27: by Tiane (new)

Tiane (tianechristybell) | 10 comments Hi guys! Random Fact: I have an iPhone 7. ;)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I only have a Star Trek flipphone. (It's a flipphone, but I called it a Star Trek. You know, the 70's/80's tv show.)

message 29: by Tiane (new)

Tiane (tianechristybell) | 10 comments PinkLoki(Shine) RULER OF: CrimsonPeak, Asgard, Jotunheim, Midgard, AvengersTower wrote: "I only have a Star Trek flipphone. (It's a flipphone, but I called it a Star Trek. You know, the 70's/80's tv show.)"
That's awesome!

message 30: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Tiane wrote: "Hi guys! Random Fact: I have an iPhone 7. ;)"

I got an iPhone SE today :D

message 31: by Tiane (new)

Tiane (tianechristybell) | 10 comments Anna wrote: "Tiane wrote: "Hi guys! Random Fact: I have an iPhone 7. ;)"

I got an iPhone SE today :D"

Cool!! I'm excited for you.

message 32: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Tiane wrote: "Anna wrote: "Tiane wrote: "Hi guys! Random Fact: I have an iPhone 7. ;)"

Cool!! I'm excited for you."

Thanks! I haven't been able to use it yet because I still have to get the nano SIM (does that have the same name in English?) D:

message 33: by Tiane (new)

Tiane (tianechristybell) | 10 comments Anna wrote: "Tiane wrote: "Anna wrote: "Tiane wrote: "Hi guys! Random Fact: I have an iPhone 7. ;)"

Cool!! I'm excited for you."

Thanks! I haven't been able to use it yet because..."

I wouldn't know, I speak mostly French. :P

message 34: by Tiane (new)

Tiane (tianechristybell) | 10 comments I'm so excited! My dog Emma gave birth! She has two beautiful puppies we christianed Shylee and Curly. ;) Emma and her 'husband' Bambi are very happy.

message 35: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Tiane wrote: "I'm so excited! My dog Emma gave birth! She has two beautiful puppies we christianed Shylee and Curly. ;) Emma and her 'husband' Bambi are very happy."

Awe, that's cute! Super happy for you! :D

message 36: by Tiane (new)

Tiane (tianechristybell) | 10 comments ~Alyssa~ wrote: "Tiane wrote: "I'm so excited! My dog Emma gave birth! She has two beautiful puppies we christianed Shylee and Curly. ;) Emma and her 'husband' Bambi are very happy."

Awe, that's cute! Super happy ..."

Thanks! I'm excited to raise both of them. My cat Amelie has delivered kittens before so she knows what it's like to be in labor and she hasn't left Emma's side once. It's so cute.

message 37: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Tiane wrote: "~Alyssa~ wrote: "Tiane wrote: "I'm so excited! My dog Emma gave birth! She has two beautiful puppies we christianed Shylee and Curly. ;) Emma and her 'husband' Bambi are very happy."

Awe, that's c..."

Awe <3

message 38: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Do you ever feel bad about something you can't change about yourself and don't know how to deal with it? I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I really don't know who to talk to ._.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, sometimes I feel like that about my autism, so I understand the struggle. I'll be thinking of you, Anna!

message 40: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Thanks, I'll be thinking of you, too... I feel that way about being gay, I'm okay with that most of the time but sometimes I think it makes me less important than "normal" people ._.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

It doesn't make you less important! It's sad that society tells you and me things like that about our differences, though. :(

message 42: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) True. I honestly don't even know that much about autism D:

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 25, 2016 09:55AM) (new)

Not many people do. There's a *lot* of misinformation out there. Two "rules" are
1. Presume competence (assume we understand you, even if we aren't verbal)
2. Nothing about us without us (the rhyme is kind of cutesy, but if an organization ,such as Autism Speaks, talks about autism but has no input from actual autistics, it's probably not a good sign).

message 44: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Hello everyone! It's almost December 1st, the LAST month of the year before 2017 kicks in! :D

message 45: by Erin (new)

Erin | 302 comments Wait! Really? Next month is actually December and the last month of the year? I feel so stupid because I kinda forgot December was the last month of the year. For some reason this whole month I've been thinking January was the last month of the year. Wow, I guess I haven't been thinking.

message 46: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Erin wrote: "Wait! Really? Next month is actually December and the last month of the year? I feel so stupid because I kinda forgot December was the last month of the year. For some reason this whole month I've ..."

Lol ;D You're not stupid, everyone is smart in their own ways :)

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin | 302 comments Haha, that's true. Aww thanks!

message 48: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) I'm doing great! How about you? :)

message 49: by Anna (new)

Anna (glamorouspixels) Guyyyyys!
Do you have any recommendations on how to organize books in different languages on the same shelf? I only have this one big bookshelf and my room is too small to buy more, but German books are just soooo ugly and I don't want them to mix with the nice English ones D:

I would have posted an example picture of how ugly some of my German books are, but I have no idea how to do that xD

message 50: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) You know what you should do? Put the ones with ugly covers in the back and the nice covers in the front regardless of the language! I do it like that because it looks neat and presentable when people come over to my house. And plus, who the heck cares about ugly book covers anyways? LOL this was meant to be a joke. Don't listen to me.

« previous 1 3 4