Between the Pages discussion

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
This topic is about An Ember in the Ashes
October BOTM 2016 > An Ember in the Ashes: Before Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (last edited Oct 20, 2016 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anastasia (amcarv) | 11 comments Mod
Hi everyone! So, I started a poll for our Book of the Month for October 2016. The first poll closed and An Ember in the Ashes and Empire of Storms tied with 23 votes each. I had to create a new poll just between those two but I am super excited to announce that our Book of the Month for October 2016 is An Ember in the Ashes

The tallies for each book on the first poll were:

An Ember in the Ashes with 23 votes
Empire of Storms with 23 votes
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two with 14 votes
P.S. I Like You with 13 votes
Hollow City with 10 votes
The Call with 9 votes
The Beauty of Darkness with 5 votes

The tallies for each book on the second poll were:
(I would like to point out how I accidently put Queen of Shadowsinstead of Empire of Storms, I am going to take the votes for Queen of Shadows and use them because I know a lot of people were worried about reading the 5rth book in the series.)

An Ember in the Ashes with 50 votes
Queen of Shadows with 20 votes

Now that we know our book, I would like to here your initial thoughts. Have you heard about this book? Was it one of your anticipated releases? Are you excited to read it? What do you think about the summary? etc.

Jenna (jennamajor8) | 1 comments Hiya!
I have actually already read An Ember in the Ashes when it came out last fall. I gave it 4/5 stars and wrote a review you guys can read. I am currently reading the sequel A Torch Against the Night. Before I read An Ember in the Ashes I was mildly interested, but once I got into it I really enjoyed it! I was anticipating the sequel (the one I'm reading now) a lot!
haha since I've already read it I would love to hear everyone's thoughts as they are reading it, what they think is going to happen next, initial thoughts on characters, etc.
Happy reading!

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* Hey!
Super excited to read this book! Got it on reserve at the library so hopefully I'll get it soon
Really liked the summary, it was intriguing and I basically love anything set in ancient times, and this is Ancient Rome! Like gimme now!!
I came about this book not too long ago, from some of the people I follow gave strong and high reviews and ratings, and after reading the blurb I had to pick it up! And now I have more reason to read it since it's our botm yay :)
Characters, I never know how to interpret them before reading, but Laia seems like someone who might be fearful or intimidating at first but then progresses into a head strong character? Who knows, but I'm excited to read this :)

Brianna the Bibliophile (brii_reads) | 4 comments I am super excited for all of you to read this! I was in love with it the moment I read the synopsis in an ARC. I can't wait to talk about this book with everyone!

For those interested, I do have an ePub version of this book. Please send me a PM if you are interested or need a copy.

xoxo, Brianna.

Mariam (thefairyhunter) Hi everyone!

You guys made an awesome choice! I think I'll reread this book as a refresher, and join in on the discussion. Sabaa Tahir is an amazing author and I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks!

Happy reading!

message 6: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte (swords-and-shields) | 8 comments Hey everyone!
I have heard really good things about An Ember in Ashes, but I'm not sure if I can read due to university exams. If I can finish it, I will discuss with you if I enjoy it. :)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) I loved this book when I finally came around to read it. It got me from page one and I sped through it. I'm excited to read your thoughts about the characters and the story and to discuss it with you! I'm nervous for the sequel, I have yet to read it,but I've heard from some of my friends who already did that it's as good as the first one.