Editors and Writers discussion

In Search of proofreader

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 18 comments Hello,

I've had my manuscript edited twice, but still am receiving reviews on typos...gag. I am looking for a proofreader that can proofread my manuscript in a short turn around time seeing as my book is published. I have a small budget, I wish I didn't, but I've invested in editing already and am less than satisfied after getting a few negative reviews and figure I need an extra pair of eyes to brush over the book again. Please let me know. My book is epic fantasy, around 75,000 words. I don't need the full edit just someone to check for typos. Thank you.

message 2: by Noma (new)

Noma | 3 comments What is the due date?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 18 comments I would like to have it by October 30 if that is possible at all. I realize it's not much time.

Roughseasinthemed | 20 comments I'm willing to look. Send me a few chapters and I'll give you an idea of my proofing. Send the whole thing and I'll give you a price. Your choice.

Roughseasinthemed | 20 comments PS who were your editors? OK, don't answer!

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol Tietsworth | 194 comments How many words? I can proofread it if it's 90,000 or less, in about a week. I charge .003/word, or $30.00 per 10,000 words.
I edit and or proofread. See my ad under first 500 words as a free sample.

legal2b@yahoo.com

message 7: by Lin (new)

Lin | 75 comments Mod
What form of English? UK? US? Do you have a style sheet from your editor?
My website is www.coinlea.co.uk, and I work in UK English.

message 8: by Janell (new)

Janell (janell_e_robisch) Emily wrote: "Hello,

I've had my manuscript edited twice, but still am receiving reviews on typos...gag. I am looking for a proofreader that can proofread my manuscript in a short turn around time seeing as my ..."

Fantasy is one of my specialties. If I get it within the next couple of days and we get the contract signed quickly, I can proofread your manuscript by the due date you specified. I am having a sale, and you can check out my sale rates at https://speculationsediting.com/archi....

I can provide a quick 1250-word sample proofread for you if you would like to see my work before committing.

I have been an editor for 20 years and can guarantee good quality work. You can contact me via my website or at janell@speculationsediting.com.

Janell