Drop Everything And Read discussion

Questions > Books which can change your life and thinking process

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sunanda (new)

sunanda (sunandap) | 9 comments please name those books which changed your life after you read them..
suggest books which you think helped to create a better version of you after you read them...

thank you

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Wow this is a tough request! I'm not sure this changed my life (as I'm already a believer) but it could change someones Cure: A Journey into the Science of Mind Over Body Cure A Journey into the Science of Mind Over Body by Jo Marchant

About how the workings of your mind can affect your body. Drawing on the very latest research, Marchant explores the vast potential of the mind's ability to heal, lays out its limitations and explains how we can make use of the findings in our own lives.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Hansen | 33 comments Probably most people's choice but... to kill a mockingbird definitely. I wouldn't have read it if not for school but now I love it.

message 4: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 9 comments I would add Stargirlto this list. I know that every time I read it, it makes me want to be a better person.

message 5: by Tanima (new)

Tanima (nerdtanima) | 38 comments So I know everyone has probably read 1984, but if not here goes. I read it a few weeks ago and it truly changed my view of government and politics. It illustrated the government's ability to govern for absolute power. I was in a broken trance after reading it and I still haven't quite shaken the feeling of uneasiness.

I think everyone should read it at least once in their lives.

message 6: by Moodless (new)

Moodless Demian / Siddartha are inspiring books, and I second 1984.

message 7: by Achieng (new)

Achieng Hamita Outliers by Malcom Gladwell

message 8: by Vikash (new)

Vikash It got to be The Power of now by Eckhart Tolle. It has done wonders for me.

message 9: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Alliss (akalliss) | 20 comments Neuromancer by Willaim Gibson = Made me fall in love with scifi that's not really scifi (Neuromancer)
The Road by Cormac McCarthy= A much better post apocalyptic book than most others out there as it feels believable and heartbreaking (The Road)
Where the Wild Things Are: My first book and the one that made me fall in love with reading for its ability to transport you to different places (Where the Wild Things Are)

message 10: by Derek (new)

Derek "The Zinn Reader" by Howard Zinn.

Brilliant teacher, activist, historian and thinker. A personal hero of mine, but a man that truly made a difference.

message 11: by Terrence (new)

Terrence Perera (terrenceperera) | 29 comments I think that the only book that can really change your life and thinking process is "The Bible".

message 12: by D20 (last edited Feb 13, 2017 08:26AM) (new)

D20 | 162 comments Love All the People Letters, Lyrics, Routines by Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks makes a person actually think. He should be required reading, though that might spoil the fun.