Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > Help?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (new)

Jean lusk | 2 comments I recently lost all of my books due to water damage. What are some cheep places to buy books? I'm limited on money do to repairs, but really want to build my collection again.

the burning dreamer. (shadyhades) | 1 comments Oh maaaan, I'd be devastated.
If you're gonna buy them online, I'd suggest Book Depository, they've got reasonable prices + free worldwide shipping! That's about all I've got since I live in the Middle East, land of over-priced books.

message 3: by Tracy (last edited Mar 10, 2017 06:20AM) (new)

Tracy (tracyisreading) I would cry, hysterically. I can't even imagine. I notice this post is over a year old, so I hope that you've been able to rebuild your collection.

Years ago, when I was a poor college student (lol) I started building my collection using library book sales ( books for $1? A bag of books for $5, yes please)

I also used two book stores, The Rainy Day Paperback Exchange ( I didn't always exchange, because I was trying to build, but buying there was cheap), and another used bookstore in my moms hometown. This bookstore bought out libraries and other peoples collections and walking around in it was heaven. There were literally books stacked EVERYWHERE!!! on the floor, on tables, on shelves, on chairs. And the book smell. It's still there and I really need to go back. There is also a similar store right here in my town called Books by the Falls, which I want to go in everytime I drive by. I sense a field trip coming on.