Chat, Eat, and Read discussion

Reminiscing on past books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
I was just thinking about how many books we've read in the inauguration of the book club. It's amazing! We've read such a variety and so many good ones! One I think about now and then is "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb...I just remember being entirely absorbed in the story, unable to put the book down...It was a pretty thick book, a bit of a heavy read, but really didn't feel like it because it was SO GOOD!

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
I know. And She's Come Undone. We need to reboot this club. I've been in a recent reading slump. I am not excited for Girls.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Whoops. I can't wait to read Girls. Typing on my phone. Lol

message 4: by Lilith (new)

The brother cutting off his own hand in the church!! My gosh...what an intro!

message 5: by Lilith (new)

I'm so glad we read Valley of the Dolls! There have been a few books that we have read since then that have made references to something in that book.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "I'm so glad we read Valley of the Dolls! There have been a few books that we have read since then that have made references to something in that book."

Yes, I got the Girls part! Such a classic.

message 7: by Lilith (new)

I was talking to a friend about vegetarianism today and suddenly thought about "Holy Cow" by David Duchovny. What a great book that was! Hilarious, clever and unique. I hope he writes a sequel!