Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Advice on CIP and post pub#

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alan (new)

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 22 comments I just published a kindle version of my book, and print versions will be available in January.

My question is, do I need a CIP# or post pub#!(I forgot what it's called, maybe a NLLS?) inserted in the front page of the book if I want librarians to request it?

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13568 comments I have no idea what those terms mean. Therefore I don't think this is a question for the Librarians group.

message 3: by lethe (last edited Oct 19, 2016 05:32AM) (new)

lethe | 13568 comments I think you were talking about this: https://www.loc.gov/publish/cip/

As I had suspected, this is not a question for the Librarians Group, or indeed Goodreads. Some of the librarians in this group may be librarians in an actual library, but this group is for making the GR catalogue as accurate as possible.

Goodreads is a social media site and does not concern itself with the publishing of books.

ETA:
Alan wrote: "My question is, do I need a CIP# or post pub#!(I forgot what it's called, maybe a NLLS?) inserted in the front page of the book if I want librarians to request it?"

CIP records in the front of a book have nothing to do with the acquisition of a book, it's just to make cataloguing easier for libraries and booksellers. That said, I looked at some US books in my possession, and they all have either the CIP record printed in the front, or state that the record is available from the Library of Congress.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.