Play Book Tag discussion

October 2016: Historical Fiction > A Constellation of Vital Phenomena

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Several other PBT members have summarized this book so I'll jump right into my review and skip over the synopsis.

4 stars
I really love Marra's writing and this book was brilliantly written. I read Tsar of Love and Techno first and found it more sophisticated in terms of structure and writing. However, I still really enjoyed this book. If I had read this one first perhaps it would have been a 5-star read for me but instead it gets only 4 because I didn't like it quite as much as Tsar. Marra is truly skilled at weaving threads of connection between characters and events and I was engaged in the way things unfolded over the course of the novel. Overall a very strong book.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I'm glad you liked it. Both were a five for me.

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5765 comments Both were 5 for me. I love his writing.

message 4: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments Both were a 5 for me too, but I read Tsar fist and liked Tsar more too.

message 5: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2221 comments I still have Tsar to read. I've already read Constellation and enjoyed it quite a bit - after being confused by the beginning!

message 6: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments Barbara! Get on it! You won't be disappointed.

message 7: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Both were 5 stars for me also.

message 8: by Regina Lindsey (new)

Regina Lindsey | 1005 comments I go back and forth on which one I like more. As a history lover I Constellation spoke to me with the depths of despair the characters felt. But, I think Tsar was probably better written. In the end, I loved them both!