Horror Aficionados discussion

Novels > Recalling a horror book in the 90s

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (last edited Oct 16, 2016 03:46PM) (new)

Brian Smith (bmanisms) Hi there, I'm racking my brain trying to remember a horror novel I read in the 90s. It went through a guys experience when the local pike fish become killers after toxic waster contaminating the local lake. Late on the toxic waste forms an acid rain fog.

I remember it being 300-400 pages, when as a mass market paperback. I don't think it's "The Pike" by Cliff Twemlow - (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...), even though I did read that too, but don't remember what it's about).

Would be so thankful is someone could help!
Brian

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3442 comments Maybe it is the book written by horror authors John Skipp and Craig Spector called The Bridge which is about toxic waste that is in the water of a local town and something happens to the people - the book was written in 1991 and it is 401 pages - the book was made available for kindle in 2013. John Skipp and Craig Sector were top horror authors in the 80's and 90's. See if this could be the book: The Bridge by John Skipp

message 3: by Char (new)

Char  | 13721 comments Mod
Good old Skipp and Spector! I think I've only read one or two of theirs...The Light at the End and 1 other.
Nice job, M!

message 4: by John (new)

John (jrd1st) Char wrote: "Good old Skipp and Spector! I think I've only read one or two of theirs...The Light at the End and 1 other.
Nice job, M!"

Animals is really good, too.

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3442 comments Thanks Char! I sort of had forgotten about those authors then something clicked in my head about what Brian was talking about, so I researched it because it sounded familiar to me too. Actually it did me good to research it as now I can go back to find books that I have not read by Skipp and Spector.

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian Smith (bmanisms) Wow thanks M! I'll read it and see if it's the one!

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3442 comments You are welcome, Brian! Anytime I can help!