The First Phone Call from Heaven The First Phone Call from Heaven discussion

Should I plow through?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Pike Has anyone managed to finish this book? I have started it at least three times. Each time i abandoned it only a few pages from my previous exit. I like Mitch Albom. I've read almost all of his other works. While the idea of this book is really intriguing, I have no idea why I cannot get past the early pages. I hated the first 100 pages of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," but admit it was worth it in the end. Is this?
Any thoughts?

RoseAnn It has been quite some time since I read the book but I don't recall having any difficulty getting through the beginning.

My overall opinion, even for authors I really enjoy reading, is that any book that is so difficult to start isn't worth finishing, at least at that time.

Maybe set it aside and come back to it after reading something that does a better job of drawing you in?

Shannon Neathway I honestly absolutely loved this book and the powerful message it contained.

Marianne Brodman Jessica Pike wrote: "Has anyone managed to finish this book? I have started it at least three times. Each time i abandoned it only a few pages from my previous exit. I like Mitch Albom. I've read almost all of his othe..."

If you're a Mitch Album fan, just finish it. It's the right thing to do.