The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
This topic is about The Lightning Thief
ARCHIVE - BOTM discussions > The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - November 2016

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristie | 5191 comments Our group read for November is The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Please discuss here and remember to use spoiler tags as needed, as everyone may start at different times and reads at different speeds.

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse—Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends—one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena—Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.

Pernilla Göth (wutheringstorm) Just started a couple of days ago! Perfect!

Silvia Turcios | 395 comments I read it a few years ago and although I prefer the second series with Percy (Heroes of Olympus), I remember enjoying a lot reading Percy Jackson series. I almost never could understand the predictions, but the good things here are the adventure and the jokes :D

San  (btsentence) Great! I have been planning to read it for ages. I'll definitely start it next week. :)

Ashley (theashoxford) | 3 comments I am envious of those getting to read the Percy Jackson series for the first time! They are incredible books!

message 6: by Eli (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eli I've been looking forward to reading this series ever since I started the Magnus Chase series. It'll be nice being able to tie everything together.

message 7: by Kattie (new) - added it

Kattie | 12 comments Halfway through the series and thoroughly enjoying it. I loved Tyson in Sea of Monsters.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Lightning Thief (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rick Riordan (other topics)