Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Archives > Goodreads Study: Goodreads Users & Their Local Libraries

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Tomeo | 4 comments Hello everyone!

I'm a graduate student at Clarion University studying library science. I'm surveying members of Goodreads about what kinds of involvement they would like their local libraries to have with Goodreads. Laura kindly gave me permission to share my survey with the group.

You can find my survey here:
Goodreads Users & Their Local Libraries

Unfortunately, I am unable to have people under the age of 18 take my survey. There are special regulations for including minors in research that would made it too difficult to include them in this study. Sorry!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and take the survey!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2633 comments I just did it. Good luck! I know how annoying it can be to try to get research participants.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Tomeo | 4 comments Thank you and thank you especially for the good wishes! It has definitely been frustrating, but I'm still excited.

message 4: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 709 comments I don't use the library so I can't help with your survey. Good luck!

message 5: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi I tried to do this since almost all of the books that I read are from the library but I live in Sweden and one of the questions is about education and we don't have the same school system here. Maybe this isn't made for people outside of the US? Anyway, good luck with your survey!

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Tomeo | 4 comments No problem! Thanks for the good wishes! I appreciate all of them.

The options for the demographic questions were based on the information available from Quantcast. Comparing the school systems in Sweden and the US seems pretty confusing. If anyone needs to take their best guess on that question, it would not have an impact on my study.

message 7: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi So do you want me to do the survey and just chose the closest option? I know it can be quite difficult to find people for surveys, so I want to help if I can.

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Tomeo | 4 comments That would be great! Thank you.

message 9: by Mimmi (new)

Mimmi Done, hope it helps!

message 10: by Ira (new)

Ira | 268 comments Just did the survey. Good luck.

message 11: by ⚜️Trea (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Took the survey, hope it helps!