Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > Help me select books for my psychology experiment

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pauliina (new)

Pauliina (The Bookaholic Dreamer)  | 2 comments Hi all!

I am conducting a psychology experiment about reading behaviours at my university in Scotland. For the experiment, I am looking for 3 books: an easy read, a regular and a difficult fiction book.
I am a huge book-lover myself, but I am having a hard time coming up with good books to use in the study.

All the books should be for adults, and have about a similar structure/storyline. Basically, I am looking for 3 adults' fictional books which differ most significantly in how easy or hard they are to read. Also, it is important that the participants have not read the book previously, so it is a plus if the books are not so well-known.

All help would be massively appreciated!! I would love to hear any suggestions, no matter if you are recommending 1, 2 or 3 books.

Thank you! :)

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Oct 21, 2016 07:26AM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 598 comments Hi,

I don't have any suggestions myself, but there's a group that gives a lot of suggestions. Their main purpose is to help discover forgotten books, but they also have a great request for books in general section that you could post this request in.

What's the Name of that Book

message 3: by Pauliina (new)

Pauliina (The Bookaholic Dreamer)  | 2 comments Shanna_redwind wrote: "Hi,

I don't have any suggestions myself, but there's a group that gives a lot of suggestions. Their main purpose is to help discover forgotten books, but they also have a great request for books i..."

Thank you!