The Sword and Laser discussion

The Icarus Hunt
This topic is about The Icarus Hunt
What Else Are You Reading? > Sci-Fi Book suggestion and search request

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Barrera | 3 comments Hi Tom/Veronica,

Long time youtube viewer, just started listening to the podcasts and have a book suggestion that I thought you may appreciate.

Timothy Zahn's The Icarus Hunt was instrumental in pulling me out of an exclusive Star Wars galaxy and broadening my horizons to more Sci-Fi worlds and galaxies.

I still hold that it is his best book (Thrawn books notwithstanding), and have several copies.

In any case, while I highly recommend it, I am also coming with a request.

An audio book was made in 2000 but only on Cassette tape and even finding those is a difficult task.

My question is, can anyone tell me where I might be able to source a copy of the old cassette tapes? I recently have found myself with an extended commute and audio books are a life saver...

While I'd love to see this book made to film (It was also on io9's list with Coyote), I'd settle for a good copy of the audio book...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!

-Tim

message 2: by ladymurmur (new) - added it

ladymurmur | 148 comments Tim wrote: "Hi Tom/Veronica,

Long time youtube viewer, just started listening to the podcasts and have a book suggestion that I thought you may appreciate.

Timothy Zahn's The Icarus Hunt was instrumental in..."

Amazon has audio cassettes of The Icarus Hunt available:
https://www.amazon.com/Icarus-Hunt-Ti...

message 3: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Barrera | 3 comments ladymurmur wrote: "Tim wrote: "Hi Tom/Veronica,

Timothy Zahn's The Icarus Hunt was ins..."

Holy cow, I looked at that page, didn't realize you could expand the format options! Thanks so much!!!

message 4: by ladymurmur (new) - added it

ladymurmur | 148 comments You're very welcome!!