Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Pick It For Me > November Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Leigh | 15889 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until October 28 and you'll have until November 1 when someone decides not to participate.

message 4: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett me please

message 5: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammie wrote: "me please"

I have added you.

message 6: by Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (last edited Oct 14, 2016 07:52AM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments I'm in, please sign me up Leigh.
Thank you so very much, I love this challenge!
Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 7: by Katya (new)

Katya (katya_sb) | 92 comments I'm in.
Time to try new challenge.
Please use my November pick-it-for-me shelf.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Thank you.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 7 comments Sounds interesting. I'm in

message 9: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "I'm in, please sign me up Leigh.
Thank you so very much, I love this challenge!
Please use my pick it for me shelf thank you.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list......"

I'm so glad you enjoy it.

message 11: by Jiya (new)

Jiya Malla (thereadinggirl246) | 10 comments I'm in

message 12: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Jiya wrote: "I'm in"

I have added you.

message 13: by Carina (new)

Carina Rosas (carinamrosas) Me!

This would be my first.

I'm so excited. yay! :D

message 14: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Welcome Carina! Hope you enjoy this challenge.

message 15: by Carina (new)

Carina Rosas (carinamrosas) Thank you Leigh, sure I will.

message 16: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Pairs are up.

message 17: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~

Here are your choices Faery Tales & Nightmares (Wicked Lovely) by Melissa Marr Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge The Siren by Kiera Cass . Hope you like one of these choices. Happy Reading!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments Thank you for the wonderful picks Leigh, I think I'm going to read Farey Tales and Nightmares. I hope you enjoy one of the books I have picked Charmed (The Witch Hunter, #2) by Michelle Krys , Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini or Tempest (Tempest, #1) by Julie Cross

message 19: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Renie i pick for you Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers The Fireman by Joe Hill Unbecoming by Jenny Downham

message 20: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited Oct 29, 2016 12:26PM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ wrote: "Thank you for the wonderful picks Leigh, I think I'm going to read Farey Tales and Nightmares. I hope you enjoy one of the books I have picked Charmed (The Witch Hunter, #2) by Michelle Krys, .

Thank you. I think I will go with Charmed (The Witch Hunter, #2) by Michelle Krys.

message 21: by Katya (new)

Katya (katya_sb) | 92 comments For Peri I pick Major Crush  by Jennifer Echols .
Enjoy your reading!

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 7 comments For Katya The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson and Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins

Enjoy it!

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 7 comments I read my first book and probably last book for this month because of my upcoming exams, well here we go

3/5

Major Crush is so cute and adorable, just like the name implies someone has a major crush on someone but their feelings never reached me, didn't warm my heart. This won't fall in to my "Ehh what the..." department but it did cheer me up so I won't say I didn't like it. I was grinning like an idiot whole time because it was damn fun, so I recommend to read this book to anyone who wants to enjoy a cheesy-romantic-comedy light novel.

message 24: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i pick this one and i am loving it to A Perfect Evil (Maggie O'Dell, #1) by Alex Kava

message 25: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Renie wrote: "For Tammie i pick The Passage (The Passage, #1) by Justin Cronin, The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, A Perfect Evil (Maggie O'Dell, #1) by Alex Kava"

i am done with my book and i didn,t like much but it was ok

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1381 comments Leigh, I finished Faery Tales & Nightmares (Wicked Lovely) by Melissa Marr and enjoyed it very much. I love getting a chance to be get back to the Wickedly lovely series. Thank you for a great pick

message 27: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Tammy, I finished Charmed and enjoyed it. Than you for the pick. I'm glad you enjoyed your pick.

message 28: by Katya (new)

Katya (katya_sb) | 92 comments ~Peri~ Soul Taker!!!! wrote: "For Katya The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson and Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins

Enjoy it!"

Peri, I finished reading the Kiss of deception and I really liked it. Thank you for such a wonderful pick! Unfortunately, I only read this one, but I still will read Isla in December.