What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance - pretty sure regency era - hero counts down a list to heroine. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mehgan (new)

Mehgan Moore | 4 comments The only thing I remember clearly about the book is a scene between the hero and the heroine where they are in the middle of a big crowd, possibly at a ball, and he is making a list of some sort counting down. I think he was challenged to do something, to create the list, but unfortunately I don't even remember what the list was about. I know it is so vague and I apologize!

message 2: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 161 comments If it's a list of women's names that starts with 'M', then it's A Week to be Wicked by Tessa Dare.

message 3: by MJ (last edited Oct 14, 2016 12:22AM) (new)

MJ | 1342 comments Oh, there's one where there's a love hate thing going on between the h & H, and she's a mouth from the south type. I think he asks her to dance and she says no... I think in the next few days it becomes a challenge for them - betting book at whites and all - and he gets her to choose a card, and the number is how many 'better' ways she could have said no to the dance that HE has to come up with.

Can't remember what book it was for the life of me, but if it sounds like the one, I'm sure I can find it.

message 4: by Mehgan (new)

Mehgan Moore | 4 comments Yes MJ!! I think you may be right. I don't remember the part about picking a card, but the bit about the better ways to say no sounds right.

message 5: by Mehgan (new)

Mehgan Moore | 4 comments Also, I know it is part of a series.

message 6: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1342 comments The Unexpected Duchess

Omg, that was hard to find! I went past it about 10 times cause I was remembering a different part of the story.

message 7: by Mehgan (new)

Mehgan Moore | 4 comments Thank you so much! I looked at a couple of her books, but not this one. Now I have a whole series to re-read, yay!

message 8: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1342 comments No problem. Enjoy :)