Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Group Reads Archive > November 2016 Random Read Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4693 comments Mod
November is our Random Read Group Read Month. You can pick any book you want that has action/adventure elements and meets the other requirements.

Here are some other considerations:

1. One nomination per group member. The books must be nominated with a Goodreads link by clicking on 'add book/author'. If a book does not have a Goodreads link, it will not be added to the poll.
2. Books need to be readily available, ie, in print (able to buy new or in ebook format).
3. Books should have some degree of action/adventure content.
4. Past group reads are not eligible to be nominated again. The past group discussions remain open for members to comment. You may see the list of past reads here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

5. Books must be either standalone or first in a series (or they may be later in a series if constructed to be read as a standalone).

Please feel free to include a blurb for the book so others know a little about the book, along with your Goodreads book link.

The poll will go up on or around October 20th.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4693 comments Mod
I'm going to nominate Zero World by Jason M. Hough. It sounds really good. Here's the blurb:

Technologically enhanced superspy Peter Caswell has been dispatched on a top-secret assignment unlike any he’s ever faced. A spaceship that vanished years ago has been found, along with the bodies of its murdered crew—save one. Peter’s mission is to find the missing crew member, who fled through what appears to be a tear in the fabric of space. Beyond this mysterious doorway lies an even more confounding reality: a world that seems to be Earth’s twin.

Peter discovers that this mirrored world is indeed different from his home, and far more dangerous. Cut off from all support, and with only days to complete his operation, Peter must track his quarry alone on an alien world. But he’s unprepared for what awaits on the planet’s surface, where his skills will be put to the ultimate test—and everything he knows about the universe will be challenged in ways he never could have imagined.

message 3: by Greig (new)

Greig Beck (greigbeck) The Breach, Patrick Lee

message 4: by Kanishka (new)

Kanishka Sarkar | 18 comments Night Without End by Alistair Maclean

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin UnityUnity by Jeremy Robinson. Mix of hunger games and pacific rim. Great characters and lots of action. I really enjoyed this book

message 6: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
Greig wrote: "The Breach, Patrick Lee"

I second this one The Breach...been wanting to read it for a while now!

message 7: by Kanishka (new)

Kanishka Sarkar | 18 comments I too would love to read The Breach by Patrick Lee. Seems to be a roller coaster ride.

message 8: by Zenny (new)

Zenny (zenlaserman) | 2 comments Zero World gets my vote!

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Oct 20, 2016 05:38PM) (new)

Hello, Kanishka and Greig. I added your book to the poll as a courtesy this time. Greig, since Lisa posted a link, you were covered. Just a reminder that you need to post a link to the book title on Goodreads or it didn't happen. Thanks!

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

The poll is up. It closes on November 27th. Apologies that it's so close to the end of the month. https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

The Breach won the poll. Thanks for all who voted! We'll start the discussion on November 1st.