Jane Austen Read A Long discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bookishrealm (new)

Bookishrealm | 40 comments Mod
Introduce yourself! Tell us a little bit about yourself, what you like to read and why you're looking forward to this readathon! My name is Ashley. I live in the US and I'm a booktuber and blogger. I really wanted to do this readathon because I love Jane Austen's writing and I want to read all of her novels.

message 2: by Cy (new)

Cy (Sassy Gelliebean) (allthisnerdyness) | 2 comments Hi everyone! My name is Cy and I also live in the U.S. I read whatever I can get my hands on. I have not read anything books by Jane Austen, So I am super excited to dive in to her books.

message 3: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (vixxiearl) | 1 comments Hi my name is hillary and i live in idaho but i am from kansas . i love to read anything i can get my hands to read . i have read some jane austen books and i loved them .

message 4: by Alicja (new)

Alicja P (novelsallnight) I'm Alicja and also from the US. I love books and do a little blogging. I am so excited for this because I love Jane Austen! I actually just dug up my favorite copy of Pride and Prejudice last week because I wanted to read it for the 100th time :) So I'm ready and pumped :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 13, 2016 03:36AM) (new)

Hi everyone I'm Frankie and I'm a booktuber and bibliophile in Michigan, USA. Thanks so much Ashley for inviting me to this group! I mostly read mystery/thrillers and science fiction/fantasy, but I've been wanting to read more classics. Based on my experience with other read-a-longs, reading more challenging books in a group helps to gain other perspectives and clarify things, so I'm really looking forward to this!

AsocialOptimist (sarcasticpoet) Salutations everyone my name is Tanya, I'm from New York, and I love words, clever phrases, and self-growth. These are the reasons I have a broad reading history. I've read some classics over the years but haven't gotten around to Jane. I anticipate lots of fun thanks for the invite.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hi! I'm Jen. I'm looking forward to joining in. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite novel of all time, but I haven't read any of the other books. Can't wait to be a Jane Austen completist.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris (xokristim) | 1 comments Hello everyone! My name is Kristi and I have a book blog and make Youtube videos. This will be my first time reading Jane Austin. Thanks for inviting me to join, looking forward to chatting!

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_barlowhk) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Emma, and I'm from Hong Kong, but I'm currently studying English Literature in Britain. This will be my second time reading something by Jane Austen, and I'm excited to finally join in on the excitement surrounding this author.

message 10: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina Hey, guys! I'm Jasmine and I live in Australia. I've read most of Austen's books before, but am still looking forward to finally reading them all; they've collected enough 'dust'. :D

message 11: by Really (new)

Really Rashida (reallyrashida) | 18 comments Hey, everyone!

message 12: by Caprica (new)

Caprica (bookishpri) Hello Everyone, my name is Caprica and I'm excited to join this readathon. I mainly read young adult contemporary and graphic novels. I'm looking to expand my reading and get into the classics. I've never read any Austin before so this should be lots of fun.

message 13: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 2 comments Hi, everyone! I'm Erin. I book blog, and now I work in a middle school library. I've only read one Jane Austen book before, so I'm really excited to join in on this.

Lauren - SERIESous Books (seriesousbookreviews) Hi everyone!

My name is Lauren and I'm from Canada. I've only read Pride and Prejudice (really enjoyed it) but haven't had a chance to read the other Austen novels yet. I'm hoping this group will be the perfect way to kick my butt in gear and read some more classics! So thank you for the invite Ashley :)

message 15: by Bree (new)

Bree Hill (breehill) Hey Everyone! I'm Bree and I live in Texas. I'm a new booktuber and I mostly read Historical Fiction but will give anything a try. I haven't read anything by Jane Austen so I'm happy to be apart of this readalong.

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan | 23 comments Hi everyone! I'm Susan from central Ohio. I haven't read Austen novels for several years. Looking forward to discussing them with other motivated readers.

Imade (Bridge Four) (imade) | 1 comments Nice to meet everyone! I'm Imade (E-mah-day) & I live in Lagos & London. I've always loved Jane Austen's writing style so I was very excited to join this challenge. I've always wanted to read all her books but never really put a clock on it. Maybe now is the time.

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments Hello, I'm Stephanie. I'm from the U.S. and I mostly read young adult books. I have never read any of Austen's books, even though I've always wanted to.

message 19: by Giorgia (new)

Giorgia | 1 comments Hi! I'm Giorgia, i'm form Italy and i am studying literature and languages at the university.
i've ever been in love with Jane Austen, and i've found in this group the perfect excuse to read all her books.

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (bookswithmeg_) | 1 comments Hi everyone My name is Megan from Megthemaven. I work in corporate america and My hobbies are reading, YouTube, hair, beauty and fitness I'm super excited to read Jane Austen works. I'm going to listen to pride and prejudice on audibles but I definitely want a really pretty hardcopy! I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on these classics

message 21: by Agnes (new)

Agnes Roantree (a_rowantree) | 2 comments *Thank you, Ashley, for inviting me :)*
Hi, I'm Agnes & I'm from Moscow, Russia. Translator and aspiring writer by day and sometimes by night. I've read 'Persuasion' in English in my last year of High School, but looking forward to rereading it as my understanding wasn't that great back then. I've also read 'Northanger Abbey' in translation, but it should be really fun to read it in Original. I've read 'Pride and Prejudice' quite recently (couldn't put it down), so I guess I'll just join the conversation. Nice to meet you!

message 22: by Bookishrealm (new)

Bookishrealm | 40 comments Mod
Yay!!! So glad to have all of you guys here! I'll be posting an introduction video talking about the history of P&P, adaptations, and the group more at the end of the month to prepare for the readathon! I'm happy to see so many people excited to be involved.

message 23: by Paget (new)

Paget Hi everyone, I'm Paget. Thank you, Ashley for inviting me to this group. I'm living in Hamburg, Germany. I have read Pride and Prejudices and looking forward to read the other Austen books

message 24: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (lindsayym) | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay, I'm from Michigan in the US. I'm currently a college student and I want to become a preschool teacher. Pride and Prejudice has been sitting on my shelf for years and I haven't read it so I'm excited to read it with all of you guys!

message 25: by Tara (box5angel) (last edited Oct 31, 2016 09:02PM) (new)

Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Tara. I live in the US and I love to read all kinds of books from lots of different genres. I've only read one Jane Austen book, and that was Northanger Abbey. But I have seen movie adaptations of all her books though. :-) I remember seeing the '04 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice which I absolutely adore. Im excited to read the book now.

message 26: by J (new)

J | 3 comments Hi everyone I am Paddy-Joe I live in the UK. I am a writer and booktuber and have never read any Jane Austen so I though this would be a good time to start! :)

message 27: by Adeja (new)

Adeja Marshall (dejasfictionalworld) | 3 comments Hi guys! I'm Adeja, I live in California. I'm only just a main reader that happens to like books since 12th grade (mainly dystopian/Sci-fi) but love to read different genres of books. I never read any Jane Austen's books but I have heard about Pride and Prejudice in other books I've read. I recently bought it and I can't wait to start reading it. Thank you to Ashley for inviting me to the group. Happy reading!!

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie  (bookstatsandtea) Hi! I'm Jamie. I live in Pennsylvania. I'm an eclectic reader and have decided to add classics to my reading. I haven't read any Austen novels although I've wanted to. I'm glad to join this read along.

message 29: by Janelle (new)

Janelle Hi All! My name is Janelle! I have been wanting to read a Jane Austen book since I saw the "Jane Austen Book Club" movie!

message 30: by Joanna (new)

Joanna  (joreadsalot) | 2 comments Hey I'm Joanna and I'm from Canada. I haven't read any Jane Austen before and just picked up Pride and Prejudice from the library on Saturday so I am excited to get started. I mostly review on Goodreads and hope to start a Booktube channel next year.

message 31: by Lavender (new)

Lavender | 1 comments Hi! I'm Lavender, from the US. I love classics, especially Jane Austen and the Brontes. I've read Pride and Prejudice, Northanger Abbey, and Emma so far