Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

54 views
Adding New Books > Need book added to my author page

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Algee (sralgee) | 12 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I was accidentally omitted from the original release, but the Kindle version has been updated (I checked) and the print version is being updated.

Thank you.


message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments Added.


message 3: by Abhi* (new)

Abhi* | 1 comments hi I have added the book on goodreads titled "Phobics Entwined"
written by me.
but it holds a different account under goodreads author
would like to get it fixed...


https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...


message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24691 comments Abhi, as you are using a single name, and haven't yet claimed your author status, librarians are unable to assist you.

Please contact support - support @ goodreads (dot) com


message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Smith (sharonbsmith3) | 4 comments I recently joined the author program based on my newest book. My previous seven books are all in the Goodreads data base, complete with covers and all details. My new author page only shows my new books and I can't figure out how to migrate my others to the author page. I tried to do one by hand, but (not surprisingly) it wouldn't work since there's already a book with the same isbn in the system (mine1). There must be an easy way to do this.


message 6: by Abcdarian (last edited Oct 13, 2016 06:53AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19829 comments Are all these books yours? https://www.goodreads.com/author/list... If most are, just list the ones that are not yours. If they are all yours, we can request a merge of the profiles.


message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Smith (sharonbsmith3) | 4 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Are all these books yours? https://www.goodreads.com/author/list... If most are, just list the ones that are not yours. If they are all yours, we can request a merge of the profi..."

Yes. They're all mine. Thanks for the response!


message 8: by Irfan (last edited Oct 13, 2016 08:10AM) (new)

Irfan Mirza (Mirzairfan) | 10 comments Please add this book to my author profile. The book is the book 4 of my series "The Mage with the Dragon Magic",

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Thank You


message 9: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20791 comments Irfan wrote: "Please add this book to my author profile. The book is the book 4 of my series "The Mage with the Dragon Magic",

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3......"


Moved the book to your profile and added it to the series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1856...


message 10: by Irfan (new)

Irfan Mirza (Mirzairfan) | 10 comments Thank You Arenda!


message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Smith (sharonbsmith3) | 4 comments Sharon wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "Are all these books yours? https://www.goodreads.com/author/list... If most are, just list the ones that are not yours. If they are all yours, we can request a ..."

Abcdarian" thanks for the help in getting the additional book onto my author's page. Now, about the other six that are in the database...I would be happy to move them over, if I could only figure how to do it!


message 12: by Abcdarian (last edited Oct 13, 2016 10:30AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19829 comments Sorry for the delay Sharon; I have requested that the profiles be merged, which will mean your books will arrive in the right place. (Don't know why they gave you a different one anyway.) This could take several days. Meanwhile I've moved all but a few editions of Best There Ever Was over to your current profile.


message 13: by lethe (last edited Oct 13, 2016 10:39AM) (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Abhi* wrote: "hi I have added the book on goodreads titled "Phobics Entwined"
written by me.
but it holds a different account under goodreads author
would like to get it fixed...


https://www.goodreads.com/aut..."


I'm afraid it can't be fixed. Single-name authors cannot be disambiguated.

The only thing you can do is add a last name or initial to your name, and have that name approved as a Goodreads author.


I see it was fixed in the mean time by adding an asterisk to your name :)


message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Smith (sharonbsmith3) | 4 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Sorry for the delay Sharon; I have requested that the profiles be merged, which will mean your books will arrive in the right place. (Don't know why they gave you a different one anyway.) This coul..."

Thank you so much.


message 15: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3055 comments lethe wrote: "...I see it was fixed in the mean time by adding an asterisk to your name :)..."

Is that acceptable? I found another single space one "disambiguated" by adding characters that are not on the cover: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...


message 16: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43517 comments Mod
If and only if the extra characters are added by Goodreads Support.


message 17: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3055 comments rivka wrote: "If and only if the extra characters are added by Goodreads Support."

Which seeing as you edited it, but didn't merge is also the case for the author I was wondering about: Aeris.. Ok


back to top

unread topics | mark unread


Authors mentioned in this topic

Aeris. (other topics)