Play Book Tag discussion

At the Edge of the Orchard
This topic is about At the Edge of the Orchard
October 2016: Historical Fiction > At the Edge of the Orchard - 1 Star

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley Breanna (ashleybreanna13) | 91 comments Although the narrator of the audiobook was great, the story itself was lacking. Really, there was no point. There was no climax or exciting portions, just a long, drawn-out story of a man & his apple seeds.

The title doesn't fit well, either. Instead of "At the Edge of the Orchard," maybe something like "Beyond the Orchard" would have suited the book better.

I do not recommend reading this.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Oh dear!

message 3: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I started this book, read a few chapters and stopped. It was boring already and it looks like I made a good choice to move on.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments Oh good, I have picked this up several times and never got to it. Now I feel less guilty.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6433 comments Ashley Breanna wrote: "Although the narrator of the audiobook was great, the story itself was lacking. Really, there was no point. There was no climax or exciting portions, just a long, drawn-out story of a man & his app..."

Dang, this was JUST recommended to me by someone in my book club. It sounds pretty bad. Well, I'll just ignore that recommendation. If you hated it and Linda stopped reading it, then I'm thinking it's a no.

Ashley Breanna (ashleybreanna13) | 91 comments My review didn't even do the book justice to how badly I wanted it to be over with :(

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6433 comments LOL, okay this one is definitely out. Too funny, Ashley . . .