2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > Khairun's 2016 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments Hmmm joined this group a bit late so not sure how can i add all the books I have read for 2016....
Not to mention I just realised I already complete my reading challenge for the year which is reading 120 book *gasp*. And there are still 2 months plus left for year 2016.

In spirit of the group theme, I'll just continue reading books until 150 books, if I can (my original goal at the beginning of the year hehehe and i thought i wouldn't reach it *toink*)

Since it a bit troublesome to list out all 120 books, I'll just start update with my current book^^ (but not a good reviewer though but will try my best)

Book 121: Betrayed by Magic (The Baine Chronicles #5) by Jasmine Walt
Started: 11th October 2016
Progress: 41% done

message 2: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4630 comments You don't have to update every book :) Welcome! That's quite a goal!

message 3: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments Just finish my 121st book: Betrayed by Magic (The Baine Chronicles #5) by Jasmine Walt. I love series books, they hardly go wrong (well until it reached over 10 books on the series then it gets boring) But anyhow, it is a good book considering it took me only few hours to read but not one of the best for my 2016 reading.

message 4: by Khairun (last edited Oct 19, 2016 07:41PM) (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 122nd Book: Blood Song (Blood Singer #1) by Cat Adams
Start Date: 12/10/16 Finish: 15/10/16

An interesting read on vampire which is quite a different perspective compare to previous reads for the year. but quite not clear the story on how it can developed since there is 7 books so far.

message 5: by Khairun (last edited Oct 25, 2016 09:49PM) (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 123rd book: Crimson Death (Anita Blake #25) by Laurell K Hamilton

Quite disappointed with the book. I'm expecting more of action rather than all romance, sex and complicated personal life crisis.
I gave a 3 stars just for the sake of loyalty to the series as I love the first few books before it went all down,

But I will continue reading the series for the sake of wanting to know the end and hopefully a good ending.

message 6: by Khairun (last edited Oct 25, 2016 09:49PM) (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 124th book: Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1) by Sierra Dean

Forgot to add this book earlier...

The book have the sign of a threesome or foursome relationship with multi-species. hopefully, the relationship would not that complex like Anita Blake's series or it will be doom to be one of the boring series as it continues....

message 7: by Khairun (last edited Oct 25, 2016 09:49PM) (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 125th Book: A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2) by Sierra Dean

So far as the story-line goes, it is not bad. quite hard for me to guess whose the bad guy in the book, quite unexpected though.
And as for the relationship, thank god it is not yet complicated. however, four guys hanging around her??? will see how it goes..

message 8: by Khairun (last edited Oct 25, 2016 09:49PM) (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 126th Book: Secret Santa (Secret McQueen, #2.5) by Sierra Dean

Christmas story-line.... not so much. The story-line arrangement seems similar to the previous books but in a short novella. good enough for lunch read^^

p/s: I seems to love reading series and when i got hook on the first book, I will continue until the latest so for the next few books will be on Secret MacQueen unless the continuation got boring and typical then it will go into DNF shelf and will continue to next series^^ or latest book come out from my already read series list.

message 9: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 127th Book: Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen #3) by Sierra Dean

Continuation of the series from previous 3 books I have read for the month. The author it seem have a specific way of plotting at the end where it continues or connect to the next book. Love it where it connect to Secret's feeling not just for the sake of a prologue to the next book.

A mix of storyline with a complicated relationship branches with Secret's at the centre which I really hope would not end up like Anita's (which of course nothing can beat Anita Blake's relationship tree... *it is very confusing to read them i.e. Anita's Series, sometime as everyone are jumbled up in one "bottle"). But anyhow, it is a good read for a series.

message 10: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 128th Book: Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4) by Sierra Dean

Hi! I'm back hehehehe... wasn't expecting it to be a very quick read...
Start at it last night actually but forgot to update it to goodreads.

Anyhow.... this book concentrate more on Secret's relationship rather than investigation (i.e. none) which in a sense quite refreshing as I do tend to get bored of the arrangement of story-line keeps on repeating in a series.

message 11: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 129th Book: Grave Secret (Secret McQueen #5) by Sierra Dean

Yes another book finish, The series gets more interesting with Fae come into the plot.

Off to next book^^

message 12: by Khairun (last edited Oct 26, 2016 08:47PM) (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments Hi! Here I am again^^
I just realised some translated Chinese Web novels I have read are listed in Goodreads *yay* and they are listed in volumes (read the online novels in chapters where roughly 100-200 short chapters per volume)
Found several volumes that I have read (so far) throughout the year and add them in the list...

So here we go^^.
130th to 145th books (not in order as I have read them throughout the year):

1. Peerless Martial God (Peerless Martial God #1 - #4) by Jing Wu Hen

2. By Kindhearted Bee (Author), Flowerbridgetoo (Translator):
= Battle of Dignity (Martial God Asura #1)
= Sweeping Through the Nine Provinces (Martial God Asura #2)
= Eastern Sea Region (Martial God Asura, #3)

3. Heavenly Jewel Change (Heavenly Jewel Change #6 - #11) by Tang Jia San Shao (Author), Zen (Translator)

4. By Shi Luo Ye
= Zhan Long #1 - Starting from Scratch
= Zhan Long #2 - Rise from Heroes

5. Chaotic Sword God (#1 - #2) by Yao, Xin Xing Xiao

message 13: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments Morning, people...
Got free time during the weekend (friday is off-day back in my country), so able to finish the Secret McQueen's series in one go:

146th Book: Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6) by Sierra Dean

147th Book: Cold Hard Secret (Secret McQueen, #7) by Sierra Dean

Both books, I gave a 4/5 rating^^

148th Book: A Secret to Die For (Secret McQueen #8) by Sierra Dean
The final book is quite disappointing for me. The author seem in a rushed to end this series. Everything seem to "reset" in this book but it's a HEA ending so I gave it a 3.7/5 star.

Hmmm previously I increase my goal to 150 but it seems that I read too fast this month (it's only been less than 3 weeks since I increase the goal) and almost reach the updated goal.... So might as well increase my goal again to 160+++ ^^

message 14: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments 149th Book: The Witch and the Vampire King by Anna Santos

p/s: The first book of the series is a standalone but this book is a part one...

message 15: by Khairun (new)

Khairun (kyun2701) | 17 comments Yay 150th Book ^_^

Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9) by Nalini Singh

I just love this series by Nalini Singh =D