Book Chat discussion

Members > Let's Chat About What's Going On - October - December 2016

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 1059 comments Mod
What's going on in your life? Anything exciting, challenging?

Please, share with us...

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Let's see:

As always I'm busy with my photography; shows & exhibitions, and I'm painting again.....

I'm blogging like crazy, sharing pertinent political & environmental news (the real stuff) from non-main-source (biased) media.

I am volunteering @ Descanso Gardens mini-Train Conductor & some tours for school visits....

I'm not here much as I haven't been reading as much. Not working in the library has obvious drawbacks.

Also, as important is: I c an not stand the look of this site, the design is not visually appealing to me....

There is just too much on every page, too many words, too much stuff that I am not interested in.... Unlike Shelfari that only showed what I wanted to see in NICE LARGE FORMAT

But as I have 3 books I'm reading now, 9 on hold, and about 8-10 from the booksale.....

I just might be around more!

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Would you prefer to move this group to FB? Would it make it easier to post reviews & be involved?

For myself, I do not like the visual format we have here, so I only visit when I have been reading (unlike Shelfari, where I visited everyday).

Let me know!

message 4: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 31, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 1105 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "Would you prefer to move this group to FB? Would it make it easier to post reviews & be involved?

For myself, I do not like the visual format we have here, so I only visit when I have been reading..."

Not for me ... I'm not on facebook

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Book Concierge wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Would you prefer to move this group to FB? Would it make it easier to post reviews & be involved?

For myself, I do not like the visual format we have here, so I only visit when I ..."

ok, then it is decided!\

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Book Concierge wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Would you prefer to move this group to FB? Would it make it easier to post reviews & be involved?

For myself, I do not like the visual format we have here, ..."

Oh, don't go just by me, Auntie .... It's your group, and you need to do what is best for you and the group.

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Book Concierge wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Book Concierge wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Would you prefer to move this group to FB? Would it make it easier to post reviews & be involved?

For myself, I do not like the visual form..."

You're the only one who responds

message 8: by Marti (new)

Marti (coloreader) | 25 comments Hey everybody! I'm getting another grandchild in the Spring! Yay!! That'll make two, same mama, my DD.

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Marti wrote: "Hey everybody! I'm getting another grandchild in the Spring! Yay!! That'll make two, same mama, my DD."

congratulations

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Marti wrote: "Hey everybody! I'm getting another grandchild in the Spring! Yay!! That'll make two, same mama, my DD."

Congratulations!

message 11: by ~*Kim*~ (new)

~*Kim*~ | 30 comments Just found out my daughter was accepted in to the University of Texas at San Antonio. It was her #1 pick, so I know she's excited.

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

~*Kim*~ wrote: "Just found out my daughter was accepted in to the University of Texas at San Antonio. It was her #1 pick, so I know she's excited."

congratulations

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

~*Kim*~ wrote: "Just found out my daughter was accepted in to the University of Texas at San Antonio. It was her #1 pick, so I know she's excited."

What wonderful news! My brother went to UTSA (for his freshman year .. then transferred to UT-Austin)

message 14: by Book Concierge (new)

Hubby and I are "on the road" for much of this month. Right now, we're in Florida. Later in the month we'll head for Texas to visit family for Xmas. Then back to Wisconsin.

I've got my tablet with me, but just am not on the net as regularly as when I'm at home. Sorry for being MIA ...

Happy holidays, and happy reading!

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Book Concierge wrote: "Hubby and I are "on the road" for much of this month. Right now, we're in Florida. Later in the month we'll head for Texas to visit family for Xmas. Then back to Wisconsin.

I've got my tablet with..."

You too....

we'll be on the road Thursday & home Sunday....

message 16: by ~*Kim*~ (new)

~*Kim*~ | 30 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Hubby and I are "on the road" for much of this month. Right now, we're in Florida. Later in the month we'll head for Texas to visit family for Xmas. Then back to Wisconsin.

I've got my tablet with..."

What part of Texas?

message 17: by Book Concierge (new)

~*Kim*~ wrote: "Book Concierge wrote: "Later in the month we'll head for Texas to visit family for Xmas. Then back to Wisconsin.

What part of Texas? ..."

San Antonio

message 18: by ~*Kim*~ (new)

~*Kim*~ | 30 comments Book Concierge wrote:

What part of Texas? ..."

San Antonio"

Hey, that's where I am! :)

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

I had a wonderful birthday... I've now 62 winters and I certainly do not feel like it.

The year has been full of loss & blessings... lots of work & awards

I'll soon be learning to drive the mini-train @ Descanso Gardens and I am a school-tour docent there as well

Apparently by blog is becoming more popular....

I still have a few books to go in order to finish my "goal".....

message 20: by Book Concierge (new)

~*Kim*~ wrote: "Book Concierge wrote:

What part of Texas? ..."

San Antonio"

Hey, that's where I am! :)"

Oh, sorry I didn't check in again sooner .. maybe we could have met up for a coffee (or wine).

Next time I'll be in Texas will be for my niece's graduation from TCU ... up in Fort Worth. Next time I'll be in SAT will be next Christmas. But I got a message from a high school buddy that our 50th High School reunion will be in Spring 2018 ... so I'll probably be there then.

message 21: by ~*Kim*~ (new)

~*Kim*~ | 30 comments Book Concierge wrote:

Oh, sorry I didn't check in again sooner .. maybe we could have met up for a coffee (or ..."

Oh well...maybe next time. :) I'll be here for another 3 years at least.