YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Knowing (The Forgetting, #2)
This topic is about The Knowing
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Forgetting Series by Sharon Cameron - Restarting March 8th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83075 comments Mod
What isn't written, isn't remembered. Even your crimes.

Nadia lives in the city of Canaan, where life is safe and structured, hemmed in by white stone walls and no memory of what came before. But every twelve years the city descends into the bloody chaos of the Forgetting, a day of no remorse, when each person's memories – of parents, children, love, life, and self – are lost. Unless they have been written.

In Canaan, your book is your truth and your identity, and Nadia knows exactly who hasn't written the truth. Because Nadia is the only person in Canaan who has never forgotten.

But when Nadia begins to use her memories to solve the mysteries of Canaan, she discovers truths about herself and Gray, the handsome glassblower, that will change her world forever. As the anarchy of the Forgetting approaches, Nadia and Gray must stop an unseen enemy that threatens both their city and their own existence – before the people can forget the truth. And before Gray can forget her.

Yogesh Jain | 128 comments Awesome... I am just about to start the reading... The description of the book has really got to me... especially the memory loss ...

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Found it! I'm joining!

Yogesh Jain | 128 comments Chapter four done.. The mystery is getting complicated.. My mind has already started processing the possiblities and so far nothing i can think off... I guess it will take few more chapters before i can start predicting...

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Yogesh Jain | 128 comments Chapter 9 done... (view spoiler)

Yogesh Jain | 128 comments Actually ur question is answered... I dont remember whether it was in first chapter or second...Nicole wrote: "Chapter 1 [spoilers removed]"

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dannieannie94) | 289 comments I am here! Sorry I got totally sidetracked and forgot what day it was!

Yogesh Jain | 128 comments Completed : I really enjoyed this one... (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Sorry I was busy all day. I'll read it tonight and tomorrow.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments hello guy, sorry to be late I started it on the 10th but then the story was too confusing for me to get into at first..

I finished chapter 3 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dannieannie94) | 289 comments 20% , Chapter 5, Page 78:

I'm sorry... but it just is confusing to me, and I'm not sure I'm really all that into it so far. It really needs to go back and explain things a bit more instead of starting out with someone running about breaking rules and jumbling facts here and there.

message 14: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dannieannie94) | 289 comments (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Danielle wrote: "20% , Chapter 5, Page 78:

I'm sorry... but it just is confusing to me, and I'm not sure I'm really all that into it so far. It really needs to go back and explain things a bit more instead of star..."

yeah, it's definitely not a well-explained world which is disappointing for a such promising story..

Yogesh Jain | 128 comments Every question will fall in line.. Just wait for it...

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Danielle wrote: "20% , Chapter 5, Page 78:

I'm sorry... but it just is confusing to me, and I'm not sure I'm really all that into it so far. It really needs to go back and explain things a bit mor..."

Yogesh Jain | 128 comments I had the very same question.. How books of kids are done... It will be answered in an interesting way... From there on you will start getting the answers....ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "hello guy, sorry to be late I started it on the 10th but then the story was too confusing for me to get into at first..

I finished chapter 3 info dumps are making these chapters so hard to go thro..."

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Ending .. that was a hopeful and happy end.. I liked it.. though I feel it needs to be read more than once so to better understand the whole world

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments @sarah can we have the date on this changed to July 11th for Chantal and I, please? Thank you!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Started this book today

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 3
(view spoiler)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 14
(view spoiler)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 19
(view spoiler)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished
I liked The Forgetting a lot more than I expected. It's actually pretty high on my 2017 favorites list. (view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments I promise I didn't forget about this--I'mma sit down today and get some reading done, work and life has just been crazy lately!

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 17%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 30%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 50%

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Mathis (betwixtthesepages) | 1681 comments 71%

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 8th of March 2018

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 32: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Omg whoever picked this one I ams ooo joining u.

message 33: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments I did :D and I want to read the sequel too. Care to join? It just came out not too terribly long ago.

Okay, so fell into this book like water. Seriously, the opener with the letter about waking up after forgetting was AMAZING. (view spoiler)

message 34: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 15.0% (view spoiler)

message 35: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 60.0% (view spoiler)

message 36: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 72.0% (view spoiler)

message 37: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 73.0% (view spoiler)

message 38: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 76.0% (view spoiler)

message 39: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments 90.0% (view spoiler)

message 40: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Finished... (view spoiler)

message 41: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Ryn wrote: "I did :D and I want to read the sequel too. Care to join? It just came out not too terribly long ago.

Okay, so fell into this book like water. Seriously, the opener with the letter about waking up..."

I'm glad that you are liking it so far... (view spoiler)

message 42: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Ryn wrote: "I did :D and I want to read the sequel too. Care to join? It just came out not too terribly long ago.

Okay, so fell into this book like water. Seriously, the opener with the letter about waking up..."

I don't think I will be joining for the sequel... my library doesn't have it ;-(

message 43: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9333 comments Chapter 6 (view spoiler)

message 44: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9333 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

message 45: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9333 comments Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

message 46: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9333 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 47: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Through Chapter 11 as well.
I keep thinking I'm further along. I also keep thinking, I don't know how I feel about this book, but when I'm reading it, it's still engrossing so I must be enjoying it. (view spoiler)

message 48: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Ch 14
Whoa, whoa, WHOA. I did NOT see that coming. (view spoiler)

message 49: by Ryn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Fin.
What to say. All the feels. Gosh, I loved this book. It would seriously be a five star rating if the early parts had not been so "Not sure about this." Everything, just... (view spoiler)

message 50: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9333 comments I'm going to be a couple days late on starting The Knowing, because I'm behind on a couple other BRs. But I will read as soon as I can!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.