2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Slices of Night (Taylor Jackson; Maggie O'Dell, #9.5; Stacy Killian, #4.5; The Malones, #5.5)
This topic is about Slices of Night
Slices of Night > Question A

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
We have three stories with one arc, written by different authors. How well did they do in connecting the stories and characters?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I thought they did a great job of connecting the stories. The only thing I noticed that I didn't like was having the villain's point of view in the second segment but not in the first or third.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
I thought they did an exceptional job! While their styles were different, the story certainly didn't suffer.

I didn't notice that the killer's POV only appeared in the second story. In fact, I thought we got a little bit of it in the third story when he was thinking about Nick as his target.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments You're right. We did get the POV in the third story while the killer was thinking about killing the homeless woman, then deciding to kill Nick.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I thought the story was about as seamless as it could have been written by three authors. It was obvious that they mapped things out together and conferred from time to time. A success.