What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Savior sibling

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited Oct 09, 2016 09:52AM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments A child is born or created to save a older sibling

Anna was conceived by in vitro fertilization in order to save her older sister Kate
My Sister's Keeper My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Anna wrote: "The Match by Beth WhitehouseThe Match"

Thank you. I added it to my wishlist.

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Bump*

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Savior bump*

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5114 comments I don't think there are many books about this, Cara. I think you found the only two.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela | 527 comments It's a little bit different from your initial description, but you might be interested in (view spoiler)

I put the whole thing in spoilers because even just seeing the title in here might give away the twist! :)

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5114 comments What about savior children? The House of the Scorpion

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
There are probably nonfiction books on this topic as it seems to happen quite a bit.

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Rosa wrote: "I don't think there are many books about this, Cara. I think you found the only two."

Yeah, but I can try.

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Angela wrote: "It's a little bit different from your initial description, but you might be interested in [spoilers removed]

I put the whole thing in spoilers because even just seeing the title in here might give..."

Read it. The originality of it was that the kids KNEW that they were clones raised to be organs donors (they were told from an early age and therefore condition to accept it) and didn't try to fight their fate, just delay for awhile.

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "There are probably nonfiction books on this topic as it seems to happen quite a bit."

Thanks.

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela | 527 comments Cara's Craftastic Creations wrote: "Read it. The originality of it was that the kids KNEW that they were clones raised to be organs donors (they were told from an early age and therefore condition to accept it) and didn't try to fight their fate, just delay for awhile."

Whoops! Guess I misremembered that part - it's been a while since I read the book. :)

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Angela wrote: "Cara's Craftastic Creations wrote: "Read it. The originality of it was that the kids KNEW that they were clones raised to be organs donors (they were told from an early age and therefore condition ..."

It's okay. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cara's Craftsations | 1707 comments Bump*