Support for Indie Authors discussion

35 views
Archived Workshop No New Posts > Add me to the blurb help needed directory :)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara Woods Turner (last edited Oct 08, 2016 09:52AM) (new)

Tara Woods Turner I am finishing up my parenting guide and would be very grateful for feedback on the blurb. I do like it but it also seems foolish not to seek the opinions of other writers. Thank you in advance for your time and attention.



High school graduation may feel light years away but your child will be loading up the family car and heading off to college before you can say cap and gown!

Beyond Good Grades: Preparing Your Child for College Life will give you tools to equip your child for success at the next level.

In this book the high school years become an independent living and life skills lab with action steps that will increase your child's sense of personal responsibility and self-sufficiency.

This guide focuses on the essential building blocks your child will need to thrive in college such as personal finance, conflict management, proper sleep and nutrition, personal safety and how to craft rewarding relationships, just to name a few.

With Beyond Good Grades: Preparing Your High Schooler for College Life you don't have to hope for the best - you can plan for it!



message 2: by S. (new)

S. Thomas (sshanethomas) It got me excited for the book, even though my oldest son is only eight! I can't count the number of times I've ranted that high school should teach personal finance before algebra.

I think you identified your target audience, parents of high school children, and outline what your book delivers.

You've got my vote!


message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments I like the peppy feel to it: energetic but still focused and to the point. I give it a thumbs up as well.


message 4: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
I think that sounds like a solid blurb for this type of book. If you're really worried about it, I suggest that you run it through a headline analyzer, such as the one located here: http://www.aminstitute.com/headline/
or here:
http://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer

I use these tools A LOT when I am writing a blurb.


Tara Woods Turner Riley wrote: "I think that sounds like a solid blurb for this type of book. If you're really worried about it, I suggest that you run it through a headline analyzer, such as the one located here: http://www.amin..."

I am absolutely amazed at this concept - many thanks!


Tara Woods Turner S. wrote: "It got me excited for the book, even though my oldest son is only eight! I can't count the number of times I've ranted that high school should teach personal finance before algebra.

I think you i..."


This is very encouraging :) As the parent of an 8 year old I am also very much interested in your feedback on my first book Beyond Good Manners: How to Raise a Sophisticated Child. If you would do me the honor of accepting a complimentary copy please email me at (view spoiler)


Tara Woods Turner Melissa wrote: "I like the peppy feel to it: energetic but still focused and to the point. I give it a thumbs up as well."

Thank you! I think I must have deleted the ending five times because I thought parents would think it was too casual. You have restored my confidence :-)


message 8: by Glenda (new)

Glenda Shaw | 19 comments It is very good!


Tara Woods Turner Glenda wrote: "It is very good!"

TY :)


message 10: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle Costa | 62 comments I think all the language sound good, but why is each sentence its own paragraph? That gives it a bit of a choppy feel.


Tara Woods Turner Annabelle wrote: "I think all the language sound good, but why is each sentence its own paragraph? That gives it a bit of a choppy feel."


back to top