YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices?

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Chocoholic (new)

The Chocoholic Personally I would pick The Infernal Devices. I got way more attached to them than I did to Jace and Clary. And I was just not that big of a fan of Jace at times...

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily (booksonalilypad) | 500 comments TMI all the way! Don't get me wrong, I liked TID too, but I loved TMI waaaay more.

~Perry~ Soul Taker!!!! (userperry) | 6 comments I'm forever team TID

message 4: by Paris (new)

Paris | 2 comments I'm infernal devices all the way. Jace was a jerk at times.

message 5: by Q-House (new)

Q-House | 3 comments I enjoyed both but liked TID more. The whole idea that Jace might be Clary's brother really bothered me. I like Cassandra Clare's writing style in TMI though.

message 6: by San (new)

San  (btsentence) | 273 comments Definitely TID! I love Victorian London and like characters better but I also enjoy reading TMI.

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (cassiereinesbooks) | 10 comments The Infernal Devices.

message 8: by Brianna (last edited Nov 05, 2016 02:24AM) (new)

Brianna (bria_b95) | 5 comments ohhh that's such a difficult question to answer... hmm... I guess TID because love the setting and the plot and the characters and the epilogue and everything... but I also love TMI to pieces as well. opps guess I can't really choose sorry!

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria Vasentius (maria-vasentius) | 23 comments I enjoyed TMI, but I fell in love with TID and its characters straight away. So in my opinion, I would go for The Infernal Devices.

message 10: by Ainhoareadsbooks (new)

Ainhoareadsbooks | 30 comments TMI foreva!

message 11: by martha (new)

martha | 3 comments TMI will always be my favourite. I did enjoy the Infernal Devices, but the plot felt a bit too slow for me.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

The Infernal Devices for sure. I just didn't like the characters in The Mortal Instruments as much. Jace was a bit of a jerk, and I didn't like his excuses for it. I just fell in love with characters in TID, on the other hand. It actually made me cry at parts!

message 13: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (hanxox) | 2 comments The infernal Devices absolotley.!! iTs not that I dont love TMI it's just that Jessa,Wessa's love triangle got to me more it mad me love them all equally but in TMI I had some problems in the infernal Devices I had love it from the start I don't think I would change anything in even if I could except Will dieing and Jem becoming a silent brother.

message 14: by Raven (new)

Raven (raaaaaaav) | 9 comments TID forevs!

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma i loooove the infernal devices just because will is one of my favorite characters ever

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (starryeyeddreamer) | 8 comments I personally became more engrossed by the story and attached to the characters of The Infernal Devices, especially Jem. I also am a sucker for Victorian era stories. :)

message 17: by Madge (new)

Madge (madge_the_bibliomaniac) | 5 comments The Infernal Devices, hands down. I really didn't like the first book, but I stuck with it and ended up loving the second and third. I liked the first three TMI books, but I'm still not finished with COHF because these last three have not worked for me at all.

message 18: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments they are both so wonderful but The infernal devices 100%

message 19: by Brie (new)

Brie (brielikestoread) | 5 comments I have not read The Infernal Devices (oopps) I meant too though. So Mortal Instruments.

-`ˏ bianca ˎ´˗ (biancazanini) I love them both, but I'd absolutely pick The Infernal Devices.
Even though TMI is so good, in my opinion TID is very much better! It's got...I don't know, something special, maybe it's the characters, or the plot, or the love story...but it's simply amazing.
One of my favorite series ever

message 21: by Yarzi (new)

Yarzi TID forever
TMI is one of my fav series but
TID got to me ...
I found myself cryibg hysterically in several places in the book and the wessa ,tessa love triangle is just devastating!!!!

message 22: by Nahomy (new)

Nahomy (nahomytq) TID all the way, it just was a much more addictive read than TMI and there just seemed to be a better plot and character development all throughout
However I still love TMI

message 23: by Blake (new)

Blake Farron It's a funny story really. When I first read TID I preferred that vastly over TMI. Didn't like Will much, just like I don't like Jace, but Tessa was better than Clary and I really liked Jem. However I never finished TID because I knew how it ended and absolutely hated the idea of it. I did however finish TMI, with the last book being one of the worst books I've ever read, but I had to slog through it if only for Magnus X Alec and Simon (Magnus and Simon were my favourites, so I was pretty hyped that they got spin offs)

message 24: by Niyati (new)

Niyati (nireads) If we only compare the first three books of TMI with TID I think TMI is a clear win for me. But on a whole, they both balance it out for me. I loved the characters of TMI more (maybe because we've spent 6 books with them as opposed to 3) but TID had a better story line. I'm looking forward to Cassie's next book to see where these characters will go :)

message 25: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Herondale (thelastherondale) | 5 comments The infernal devices all the way!, i absolutely adored will and Tessa, even the love triangle with Jem was unbareable for me. with the mortal instruments i found myself more drawn to magnus and alec and simon and iz. Jace and clary always came up short for me and the whole siblings thing was just really hard to get past. plus i just find clary a bit of an invalid frankly, shes so stupid and always walking into situations if she would just listen a little more.

message 26: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee Ding (kayleeding) Kate wrote: "It's a funny story really. When I first read TID I preferred that vastly over TMI. Didn't like Will much, just like I don't like Jace, but Tessa was better than Clary and I really liked Jem. Howeve..."

I totally agree! I first started reading Cassandra Clare because I got City of Bones as a gift and was addicted to TMI. I did love all the characters but I wasn't a huge fan of the later 3 books in TMI, especially the last one. That's why I'm a convert and prefer TID over TMI now :) plus I love me some Will Herondale

Floura Aarion Lokkii (flouraaarionlokkii) | 30 comments Infernal Devices all the way! I found myself a lot more attached to TID characters than TMI one (Plus I prefer Will over Jace any day)!

message 28: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Afonso | Books Of My Own (marianacrafonso) I absolut love TID, but TMI is my eternal favourite!

message 29: by tiberius (new)

tiberius  (tiberiusbane38) TMI forever and always.

message 30: by 1004 (new)

1004 | 1 comments TID all the way. I loved the characters way more.

Songbird Bookworm  | 147 comments Personally i would have to go with the infernal devices, i just love the characters and setting more :)

message 32: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments Wow, I'm totally surprised to see everyone jumping on TID bandwagon. I totally agree that while TMI are a solid series, I got sooo attached to Will, Jem, and Tessa in TID. They made the series for me.

message 33: by Bianca (last edited Feb 12, 2017 06:34AM) (new)

Bianca Sy  (sy_bianca) | 168 comments Currently reading Clockwork Angel!!! Gosh! This is so engrossing I really have to force myself to pause so I could start doing my homeworks.

Songbird Bookworm  | 147 comments Bianca wrote: "Currently reading Clockwork Angel!!! Gosh! This is so engrossing I really have to force myself to pause so I could start doing my homeworks.

"

Unfortunately, you've fallen down a hole you cant return from. Say goodbye to doing homework ;)

message 35: by Ashley (new)

Ashley My favorite is definitely TID, even though I still absolutely love TMI. I absolutely looove Will, Tessa, and Jem, and this trilogy made me laugh like crazy and cry like a baby. I also loved the setting, and now I am obsessed with London. I have never felt so attached to characters as I have with the TID series.
But you really should read both and make sure to read it by publication order because Cassandra Clare somehow finds a way to intertwine the two series so you could possibly be spoiled even when you don't realize it (especially in City of Heavenly Fire).

message 36: by Emily (new)

Emily Katz i LOVE both but TID is my absolute favorite of all time!

message 37: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (bookcrazykim) internal devices without a doubt! the feels!!!!! were soooo deep

message 38: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Sy  (sy_bianca) | 168 comments Ellie wrote: "Unfortunately, you've fallen down a hole you cant return from. Say goodbye to doing homework ;)"

Super! Hahahaha. I'm currently reading Clockwork Prince now and I reeeeaaaaaaally loved the first book.

Songbird Bookworm  | 147 comments @Bianca Yaaaaaaaay !! They only get better, the last book is a killer ;)

message 40: by Anjali (new)

Anjali | 2 comments That is one difficult question. I would say TID cause I got more emotionally attached to it than TMI. But both the books are killer

message 41: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Sy  (sy_bianca) | 168 comments Oh my gosh, Ellie! This second book is currently killing me!! I think the last book will be utterly suffocating! dajkfhkafkhjkwhd

Songbird Bookworm  | 147 comments Bianca wrote: "Oh my gosh, Ellie! This second book is currently killing me!! I think the last book will be utterly suffocating! dajkfhkafkhjkwhd"

Hahaha i told you these books are destroyers :P

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.