Play Book Tag discussion

All the Light We Cannot See
This topic is about All the Light We Cannot See
October 2016: Historical Fiction > All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1529 comments Marie-Laure is a blind girl living in Paris with her father who is the keeper of keys at the Museum of Natural History. Werner is an orphan growing up in a cola town who has an instinct for mathematics. The book alternates between the bombing of Saint-Malo in 1944 and the events in the main characters lives that led them to this point. Also connected in is a legendary diamond, the Sea of Flames. A beautifully written story. I connected to both the main characters.

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I enjoyed it a great deal, also - strong characterizations.

Susie | 4488 comments I loved it too. One of my favourites of last year.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2275 comments Loved it!

Karin | 7198 comments My favourite book so far in 2016; I listened to the audio.

message 6: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 825 comments I agree that it was one of my favourites of this year. Unfortunately I read it a month too early

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8846 comments Actually, I was one of the first readers when it came out, so I feel I was too early, as the love for this book grew, and I am a couple of years preceding it. This was one of the best books of 2014-2015 for me, sand I loved it. You need to put some space between it and the Nightingale, but together the two are an unbelievable set, given female heroines in the same setting, at the same time period. Loved it too...

Ellen | 2214 comments Loved this one, too!

Karin | 7198 comments Amy wrote: "Actually, I was one of the first readers when it came out, so I feel I was too early, as the love for this book grew, and I am a couple of years preceding it. This was one of the best books of 2014..."

Yes, perhaps, although I read The Nightingale only a couple of months before this one; it was 4 stars (not by much), but this one stars with some hearts (for the audibook.)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6000 comments I also listened to the audio, which was wonderfully performed by Zach Appelman.

Kelly | 817 comments This is a great book!

Regina Lindsey | 1005 comments Did anyone see the movie? I was wondering how the movie held up against the book.

Susie | 4488 comments I didn't even know there was a movie!

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Susie wrote: "I didn't even know there was a movie!"

I don't believe there is one as of yet. Perhaps you are thinking of The Light Between Oceans?

Regina Lindsey | 1005 comments Ladyslott wrote: "Susie wrote: "I didn't even know there was a movie!"

I don't believe there is one as of yet. Perhaps you are thinking of The Light Between Oceans?"

You are right! I get these two mixed up all the time.