Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Have not received a response

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Cohen (marisatcohen) | 5 comments Hi all,

I sent in a request for an author account a month ago and tried again three weeks ago, but still have not heard back. In addition, I would like to add a cover to my book and slightly edit the information that I put in for the description. I am brand new to Goodreads and wanted to find out if there is a specific person that I can contact.

Thank you!!

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13563 comments Approvals for author accounts are handled by staff, librarians can't help you with that.

Is this your book? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

The reason your author account has not been approved yet could be that there is no publishing information yet. No (expected) publication date, no ISBN. Can you provide more info?

message 3: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Cohen (marisatcohen) | 5 comments Yes- Thank you!!

Here is the publisher's page with my cover on it- http://www.open-bks.com/library/moder...

I am also trying to replace the description that is on the Goodreads site with the description that is on the site.

The ISBN is on my promo sheet, which I can't attach here. However, it is: ISBN-13:978-0997806267

Really appreciate any help!

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13563 comments Have added the cover and ISBN. Could you give an estimated pub date?

message 5: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Cohen (marisatcohen) | 5 comments November 2016 =)

Is it possible to substitute the text I have in the description with the text included in the link? There are a few minor edits that were made on the link I provided.

Again, I really appreciate your help!

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13563 comments Added pub date. I had already replaced the description, although I didn't notice a difference.

message 7: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Cohen (marisatcohen) | 5 comments Thank you. It is still coming up with the old description.

The paragraph that says "Readers need not be a scientists to understand the information presented. Each chapter relates present-day research to everyday experiences and real relationship issues confronted by couples every day. And each ends with take home tips/questions to help the reader apply the lessons in his/her own life."

was changed to

"Readers need not be scientists to understand the information presented. Each chapter relates present-day research to everyday experiences and real relationship issues confronted by couples. Each ends with take home tips/questions to help the reader apply the lessons in his/her own life."

on the Open Books link.

It looks as if the old description is still there- or does it take time for updates to show?

Thank you again!

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13563 comments Marisa wrote: "or does it take time for updates to show?"

No, I had taken the description from the pre-order page, and that still has the old description. Added correct one to GR now.

message 9: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Cohen (marisatcohen) | 5 comments Thanks!