The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
This topic is about Lord of Chaos
Wheel of Time > LOC: Part 10 (Chapter 51-Epilogue)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 10

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 10 (Chapter 51-Epilogue).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Wow. What an end.

Rand fooled and captured by sisters from the White Tower.

And that battle. Probably the best battle so far.

We've got 2 factions of Aiel, some Taeraens (or whatever they are called/spelled). 2 factions of Aes Sedai, Perrin and his wolves, archers from the Two Rivers and in a surprise a bunch of men from the Black Tower show up.

Rand escapes with Lews Therin's help and stills 4 of his captors, and knocks out the rest. With the help of the Ashaman they obliterate the Shaido and take the rest of the Aes Sedai captive. Nine of them swear fealty to him.

The only thing that hurt this part of the book was the bullshit with Perrin and Faile. I'm sick of it already and I believe it drags on for several more books. Why!? Why did Jordan do that shit to such an interesting character? *sigh*

Bill | 1596 comments Awesome battle. You forgot about the Mayanese(Spelling?) lancers. I wish the battle was more drawn out with more detail. Although the scale was great and it was fantastic finally seeing the Ashamen in action it felt kind of abrupt after such a long book.

I haven't read any of the further books but I agree the whole Perrin/Faile drama is annoying already.

I am super excited for the rest of the series. I know people say the next few books are dragged out but I love all the detail and worldbuilding so don't think I will mind too much.

Sumant | 522 comments Ya I liked the battle too, the ashaman rings of power reminded me of malazan battle where the Kchain melle fought with each other, they too had some sort of ring of power as far as I remember.

Also Gawyn confronting Rand, and Rand letting him go was another interesting part.

Mazrim Taim has really trained the Ashman well. I cannot wait for Logain to join Ashman, these guys are gonna take revenge from Aes sedai for sure.

Also the whole conspiracy regarding the taking, the tar valon aes sedai tried influencing nobles and it was colavere I think who betrayed Rand correct ?

Also the tar valon aes sedai planted aes sedai in servant's quarters, as only 6 show up to meet rand but their number grows to 13 when servants show up to get them refreshments.

Bill | 1596 comments Good point about the Aes Sedai planting servants. Didn't they also have Aes Sedai in the trunks?

I can't help but think Taim will become a problem at some point. The Ashaman and Black Tower are totally in his control with most having never even met Rand.

Sumant | 522 comments I don't think they had any aes sedai in trunk.