The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
This topic is about Lord of Chaos
Wheel of Time > LOC: Part 8(Chapters 37-44)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 8

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 8 (Chapters 37-44).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
So let's see..Mat's in over his head, and now seemingly doing exactly what Egwyene wants. Rand grossly underestimated the situation.

Min is now back with Rand. Mazrim Taim turned the farm into the Black Tower.

There are now three ranks, like the Aes Sedai:

Soldier
Dedicated
Ashaman

He's got swords for dedicated and dragons for Ashaman.

Bill | 1596 comments Mat is so overmatched it is ridiculous. The situation changed very quickly since Rand sent him. His first mistake was taking so long to get to Salidere.

Wonder what the forsaken tried to do to him after the dance.

We see Taim is not happy with Rand. Wonder if there are any black ajah equivalents in the black tower. Seeing how they invaded every other group I would be shocked if there weren't.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Since it's the black tower what would they be called? Can't use Black, that's already taken. Undedicated?

Bill | 1596 comments Lol. True.

Made me think do the men even have ajahs? I know Rand and Taim had different strengths but they don't seem to align with the female ajahs.

message 6: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

We know very little about the Black Tower so far.

Bill | 1596 comments Too little. I need answers.

Sumant | 522 comments I think you guys have covered most of the points. There so many side characters who are forsaken or dark friends or Aes Sedai that I am having a hard time remembering all of them at once.