The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
This topic is about Lord of Chaos
Wheel of Time > LOC: Part 6(Chapters 24-29)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 6

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 6 (Chapters 24-29).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
So let's see. Rand's going mad it seems. Talking more and more to Lews Therin despite him not answering. Only maybe now he finally has?

He's been attacked by a Grey man, though who sent him we don't know yet.

Egwene hooked up with Gawyn.

One of the three Aes Sedai from the tower was good enough to notice Egwene in the room when they met Rand despite her being hidden by Rand.

Sulin is serving her toh for speaking incorrectly to a Gaishan by serving as a maid in the palace.

I'm probably forgetting something else of interest, but it continues to be a pretty slow moving book.

I can't tell if I'm enjoying it because the narration is so good, or just that I'm doing audio in general, since it's easier to sort of half pay attention and not get lost or bored. It could also be that my fondness for the characters from later in the series is helping me this time while they aren't doing a whole lot.

I gave this a 2 star rating on my first read, it's on pace for a 3 this time. My original review said the ending was good too, so hopefully some more good stuff to look forward to.

Bill | 1596 comments I am loving this book so far. There is very little fighting and the pacing is slow as a result but there is so much intrigue. I heard the battle at the end of this book is one of the best in all of fantasy so I think I am patient because I know there will be a big payoff.

Is Rand actually going crazy? I mean we know that Lews Therin is there talking in his head. The laughing creepily to himself is admittedly worrying.

Egwene and Gawyn seem like they would make the most vanilla couple ever.

I wonder if the sister that noticed Egwene could possibly be Mesena or would Rand recognize a forsaken? Interesting that they think if was Moraine.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Interesting thought about that being Mesena. I always have trouble keeping track of the foresaken..

Sumant | 522 comments The interesting thing was two assassinations were attempted on Rand, one was done by children of light, but I don't think Padrian Niall is dumb enough to make his assassins wear children's costume.

Second was by a grey man, I smell Padan fain in this.

Ya the book is slow and huge, I am just able to to complete like 1.5 hrs each day and the whole book is like 41 hours.

Bill | 1596 comments I also have a hard time seeing Niall behind the attacks. Think you are right about Fain.