The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
This topic is about Lord of Chaos
Wheel of Time > LOC: Part 5(Chapters 17-23)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 5

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 5 (Chapters 17-23).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
So I'm enjoying the book more, even though the pace of the overarching plot hasn't really picked up much.

I always enjoy the Ogier. It was interesting to meet Loial's mother, teacher and fiance. Now thanks to Rand they are very close to him.

We got a brief glimpse of Perrin and the Two Rivers in the prologue, but nothing else so far. I hope the thread with the Ogier continues at some point in this book.

There was an assassination attempt on Mat's life. It appears to be Aiel who have been transported with a gateway. That means it has to be one of the Forsaken. Which forsaken has Aiel working for them?

Bill | 1596 comments I have been really enjoying this book despite the pace. There is so much detail in this even though I feel like I miss most of it.

I miss Perrin. He was my favorite in the series going into this book. Getting to meet more Ogier is always a good thing but Kramer voices them like he has a cold.

I have no idea who is behind the Mat attack. Where did the Shaido end up?

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
I like his Ogier voices!

And yeah, the Shaido seem like a good suspect in the attack, but they couldn't open a portal..

Bill | 1596 comments They just take some getting used to.

I was trying to think where they ended up to see what forsaken they were near. Maybe Mesena since she is hiding with the White Tower Aes Sedai and they met with the Shaido earlier in the book.

Sumant | 522 comments Bill wrote: "They just take some getting used to.

I was trying to think where they ended up to see what forsaken they were near. Maybe Mesena since she is hiding with the White Tower Aes Sedai and they met wit..."

Good observation because we know that Mesana is in the tower.

I enjoyed how Nynaeve imitated Elyane and showed her how she behaves in Aes sedai's presence.